Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's strange as the lad Werner would probably suit what we need down to the ground. He works hard, is very mobile, can play across the front. I'm surprised we are not pursuing him.

As for Augustin, you may be able to correct me on this, but Leipzig seem very much a selling club and are happy to move lads on. It seems he's been a prospect for a while now and they may be open to getting a good fee for him. A fresh start may be the making of the lad. From our end, we may well have seen some attributes in him that we feel suit the English game? That tends to be how a lot of scouting is done (and also a lot of the skill of it) not just rating how good a player is but seeing where he plays. Another factor is Lookman and him seemed close, so possibly Lookman has given him a positive talk up to the management?

Seems an odd deal. Brands has shown this summer he won't overpay. I suspect there may be interest but maybe Leipzig are pushing it more than Everton?

I honestly dont wanna keep mentioning this, but it was Alan Nixon from The Sun that linked us to him mate.

The man is a clueless biff.

I honestly dont wanna keep mentioning this, but it was Alan Nixon from The Sun that linked us to him mate.

The man is a clueless biff.
He's copying the story from elsewhere, it started from some french source and he's just picked it up - apparently the website it came from isn't overly reliable tho

It's strange as the lad Werner would probably suit what we need down to the ground. He works hard, is very mobile, can play across the front. I'm surprised we are not pursuing him.

As for Augustin, you may be able to correct me on this, but Leipzig seem very much a selling club and are happy to move lads on. It seems he's been a prospect for a while now and they may be open to getting a good fee for him. A fresh start may be the making of the lad. From our end, we may well have seen some attributes in him that we feel suit the English game? That tends to be how a lot of scouting is done (and also a lot of the skill of it) not just rating how good a player is but seeing where he plays. Another factor is Lookman and him seemed close, so possibly Lookman has given him a positive talk up to the management?

Seems an odd deal. Brands has shown this summer he won't overpay. I suspect there may be interest but maybe Leipzig are pushing it more than Everton?

yes for sure they are a team happy to move players on. That is their model really, well scouted younger players coming in (same with Salzburg as well), at very competitive fees.

You never know with quoted fees though, ofthen they are far from the mark. I think Leipzig paid about 12 million for him. He is on a long contract though, so no big rush for them to sell. But still I would be surprised if he would go for as much as the figurese mentioned if he goes at all. At the right price, nice young player though.

Werner would be perfect to be honest. He has the strength and attitude for a fight too!

yes for sure they are a team happy to move players on. That is their model really, well scouted younger players coming in (same with Salzburg as well), at very competitive fees.

You never know with quoted fees though, ofthen they are far from the mark. I think Leipzig paid about 12 million for him. He is on a long contract though, so no big rush for them to sell. But still I would be surprised if he would go for as much as the figurese mentioned if he goes at all. At the right price, nice young player though.

Werner would be perfect to be honest. He has the strength and attitude for a fight too!

Werner looks like the perfect fit but I can’t see him going anywhere but an established CL side.

Can't help but think Andrej Kramaric would fit this team like a glove. He's hit another level since joining Hoffenheim, I was very impressed with him against City on Wednesday.

Very intelligent striker, good eye for goal, superb at both creating/finding space and linking up with teammates. Reminds me of Benzema somewhat - him and Richarlison in the same side has serious potential.

Can't help but think Andrej Kramaric would fit this team like a glove. He's hit another level since joining Hoffenheim, I was very impressed with him against City on Wednesday.

Very intelligent striker, good eye for goal, superb at both creating/finding space and linking up with teammates. Reminds me of Benzema somewhat - him and Richarlison in the same side has serious potential.
I like him and would want him. Definitely some obstacles to making it happen but if it could be worked out I think he would be a very solid option.

On 8 January 2015, Premier League club Leicester City announced that they had agreed a deal to sign Kramarić on a three-and-a-half-year contract,[29] confirming an earlier announcement by Rijeka.[30] The transfer, however, was dependent on Kramarić being awarded a work permit on appeal, as he did not meet the requirements for one to be automatically granted.[31] Four days after Leicester's announcement, an FA Panel recommended the approval of work permit, clearing the way for Leicester to apply to the UK Border Agency.[32][33]

On 16 January, Leicester announced Kramarić had officially joined the club after being granted a UK work permit and that he would wear the number 40.[34] His transfer fee was £9 million, a club record for Leicester.[35] He made his debut the day after signing, replacing striker Jamie Vardy for the last 25 minutes of a 0–1 home defeat against Stoke City.[36] On 10 February, Kramarić scored his first goal for the club in 2–1 away defeat against Arsenal.[37]

Kramarić failed to establish a spot in the starting XI for the early stages of the 2015–16 season. He played only two league games when Leicester became Premier League champions, making him ineligible for a winner's medal (minimum five league games required).[38]

On 8 January 2015, Premier League club Leicester City announced that they had agreed a deal to sign Kramarić on a three-and-a-half-year contract,[29] confirming an earlier announcement by Rijeka.[30] The transfer, however, was dependent on Kramarić being awarded a work permit on appeal, as he did not meet the requirements for one to be automatically granted.[31] Four days after Leicester's announcement, an FA Panel recommended the approval of work permit, clearing the way for Leicester to apply to the UK Border Agency.[32][33]

On 16 January, Leicester announced Kramarić had officially joined the club after being granted a UK work permit and that he would wear the number 40.[34] His transfer fee was £9 million, a club record for Leicester.[35] He made his debut the day after signing, replacing striker Jamie Vardy for the last 25 minutes of a 0–1 home defeat against Stoke City.[36] On 10 February, Kramarić scored his first goal for the club in 2–1 away defeat against Arsenal.[37]

Kramarić failed to establish a spot in the starting XI for the early stages of the 2015–16 season. He played only two league games when Leicester became Premier League champions, making him ineligible for a winner's medal (minimum five league games required).[38]

Well done on copying and pasting from Wikipedia.

The poster clearly said he believes he’s moved on another level since leaving Leicester so what you’ve pasted, as clever as it it to do so,isn’t all that helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back