Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel the same mate....but still impressed , thats what he's good at.
I remember people raving about Kante doing the same.
Think while he's doing that Gomes gets on with the good stuff ( wouldnt want him chasing & tackling everywhere) they work well together.

See Bissaka right up there too.

Edit
As an afterthought if we had forwards that were capable of keeping possession he might not have to make all them tackles.
Throwing tackles in, to me, means nothing. Doesn’t tell you anything about tackles won, doesn’t say which were key tackles, says nothing about possession. Overall it tells you he works hard on defense and is aggressive which is apparent just by watching him play. Good defenders and defensive mids also have a high number of interceptions, key dispossession, blocks completed passes, fouls committed, how often he keeps possession compared to giving it away, etc. The stats nice to have but not the end all be all and also doesn’t necessarily mean we are constantly on the back foot. The guy just likes to throw a leg in on any chance he has

Throwing tackles in, to me, means nothing. Doesn’t tell you anything about tackles won, doesn’t say which were key tackles, says nothing about possession. Overall it tells you he works hard on defense and is aggressive which is apparent just by watching him play. Good defenders and defensive mids also have a high number of interceptions, key dispossession, blocks completed passes, fouls committed, how often he keeps possession compared to giving it away, etc. The stats nice to have but not the end all be all and also doesn’t necessarily mean we are constantly on the back foot. The guy just likes to throw a leg in on any chance he has
It's not that simple.

There are a TON of players that do that. He's simply fantastic as dispossessing the other team. And that is about as important an act you can have in the game. He also doesn't give it away, the stats show that, too, so he's hardly some reckless maniac out there, he's a darn good player.

Gana has the highest number of tackles won in the league...

He can’t pass a ball though

He can though, his passing is 9/10 (or 8.5/10, according to the stats) just fine.

It's not good enough if he's trying to act as the playmaker, but that's 9/10 not his role now we have Gomes.

As I've discussed on here with @bluestevon earlier (and he raises a good point) when Gana loses possession - for one reason or another - it puts us on the back foot. Either because it's a slack pass when we're trying to push up the field and so are exposed on the break, or because he gives it away in a bad position (personally I feel it's more often the first reason than the second.

He's an excellent player. We can look to upgrade with a player more powerful etc but they will also concede possession, because they're riskier players (i.e. Ndombele, Doucoure).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back