Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surrounded by players in the bottom half, what does that tell you. Well I will help you it means we don’t have as much possession as the top teams. And if we want to reach to top that has to improve. Gana is not the only problem when it comes to giving the ball away, Walcott & Coleman also need replacing.

Like I said a month ago, Silva to me seems like a manger that wants to dominate possession, not always that easy away from home against the very best, but people were praising the Chelsea performance. We basically had 30% possession and one shot on target. That has to improve if we want to challenge the top 4. And that will only happen with better technical players.
He doesn't care about possession. Gana and Gomes are also our best possession players by quite a bit.

Kante topped it when Leicester won the league and again (1st or 2nd) when Chelsea won the league. It’s definitely not a pointless stat at all, Leicester bought Kante off the back of his tackling numbers and won the league in large part due to the fact Kante consistently tackled anything that moved.

Our game changes when we have Gueye on the pitch. More men commit themselves to attacks knowing that Gueye basically does he job of two men behind them, we leave ourselves more vulnerables to counters but Gueye is better than anyone (besides Kante) at putting a stop to them.

I find this strange as gana as acted as a number 8 most of this season with gomes in the number 6. Gana has been pressing up the pitch and really only presses in defensive areas when he losses the ball and has to run back like a headless chicken.

It was one bad game. One. His PS rate is over 85%. Gomes wasn't any better passing the ball against Watford.

His pass rate is 85% because most of his passes are either to gomes who's about a foot away from him or back to the cb's. Any time he trys to pass it forward he looses it and it usually ends up with us either conceding a chance or him having to make a tackle.

I like gana but he only has one string to his bow and that's tackling. He can't pass and he can't carry the ball (10 attempted dribbles all season), he dosent score and he flaps underpressure on the ball. To improve our team we need to improve on players like gana.

People keep liking gana to kante and they couldn't be any further from the truth. Their only similarities are they are good at tackling. Kante is good at everything else as well.

bacon-cheddar-and-pineapple-pizza-77250-1[1].webp

His pass rate is 85% because most of his passes are either to gomes who's about a foot away from him or back to the cb's. Any time he trys to pass it forward he looses it and it usually ends up with us either conceding a chance or him having to make a tackle.

I like gana but he only has one string to his bow and that's tackling. He can't pass and he can't carry the ball (10 attempted dribbles all season), he dosent score and he flaps underpressure on the ball. To improve our team we need to improve on players like gana.

People keep liking gana to kante and they couldn't be any further from the truth. Their only similarities are they are good at tackling. Kante is good at everything else as well.
People love to say this yet before Gomes got here any Gana injury made our passing system fall apart. I wonder why?

People love to say this yet before Gomes got here any Gana injury made our passing system fall apart. I wonder why?

Im not sure we had a 'passing system' ?

If you look at the CMs though we have

Gana
Davies
Baningime
Schneiderlin
Besic
J Williams
Sigurdsson
Dowell
Vlasic

Thats 9 players for 3 positions.

If we get Gomes then that makes 10.

If we want another central player thats 11.

I think if thats the case then 5 will be sold.

Im not sure we had a 'passing system' ?

If you look at the CMs though we have

Gana
Davies
Baningime
Schneiderlin
Besic
J Williams
Sigurdsson
Dowell
Vlasic

Thats 9 players for 3 positions.

If we get Gomes then that makes 10.

If we want another central player thats 11.

I think if thats the case then 5 will be sold.
Maybe I was unclear with the system thing. All I meant is we have not generally been as good at moving the ball around when Gana doesn't play. Gomes may fix that but we don't know yet because we barely had the ball at City.

Gana is currently irreplaceable when we play how we have been in the back four system. Marco switched to the back five because he knows most teams would find it easier without Gueye plugging holes and winning the ball back constantly. He makes up for the lapses in the pressing more often than we can get away with when he can't play.

Baningime can be loaned out still but we probably need to make decisions on Dowell, Vlasic, Williams and Besic. Schneiderlin can just go at this point. I reckon the decision on Besic will be sell so basically we need to pick which youngster or two that are at the point where they need to play or leave suits us best.

Maybe I was unclear with the system thing. All I meant is we have not generally been as good at moving the ball around when Gana doesn't play. Gomes may fix that but we don't know yet because we barely had the ball at City.

Gana is currently irreplaceable when we play how we have been in the back four system. Marco switched to the back five because he knows most teams would find it easier without Gueye plugging holes and winning the ball back constantly. He makes up for the lapses in the pressing more often than we can get away with when he can't play.

Baningime can be loaned out still but we probably need to make decisions on Dowell, Vlasic, Williams and Besic. Schneiderlin can just go at this point. I reckon the decision on Besic will be sell so basically we need to pick which youngster or two that are at the point where they need to play or leave suits us best.

Davies / Vlasic = Keep
Gomes = Sign
Lookman = Move to attacking midfield
Baningime / Dowell = Loan

Sigurdsson / Gana / Schneiderlin / Williams / Besic = Sell for total £65-70mil

ACM - Lookman / Vlasic
CM - Gomes / Davies / Vlasic

Sign 2 players plus Gomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back