Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s Tosun with a bit more pace, a really bad temper and a willingness to try to badly hurt other players when he loses it.

It’s a massive NO from me

His temper has tremendously improved over the years. He used to spit at Club Brugge fans etc... And got cited once about every two weeks for a flailing elbow or something similar. He's a good goal scorer.

Remains the best Anderlecht attacker of the last few years (tbf the competition is quite limited in the recent years...). For that I will always like him. He's not toxic within a team though, like Onyekuru. Dimata has already done better this year comparatively (in less minutes), in a possibly even worse Anderlecht team (I genuinely don't know how they managed to outdo themselves but hey- especially seeing the amount of money they splashed.); he's got ten goals and 4 assists so far. Oh and then you occasionally read [haven't actually seen it] that Lukebakio is doing very well in the Bundesliga, and he was let go for almost 3 million ...

I've always liked moses, but we don't play with a back five / wing backs. He's an attacking winger/striker, not a defender. We play with a back four and you've got to see he's not a right back.
I've always liked moses, but we don't play with a back five / wing backs. He's an attacking winger/striker, not a defender. We play with a back four and you've got to see he's not a right back.
And yet.https://af.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idAFKCN1240S5

His temper has tremendously improved over the years. He used to spit at Club Brugge fans etc... And got cited once about every two weeks for a flailing elbow or something similar. He's a good goal scorer.

Remains the best Anderlecht attacker of the last few years (tbf the competition is quite limited in the recent years...). For that I will always like him. He's not toxic within a team though, like Onyekuru. Dimata has already done better this year comparatively (in less minutes), in a possibly even worse Anderlecht team (I genuinely don't know how they managed to outdo themselves but hey- especially seeing the amount of money they splashed.); he's got ten goals and 4 assists so far. Oh and then you occasionally read [haven't actually seen it] that Lukebakio is doing very well in the Bundesliga, and he was let go for almost 3 million ...

Watched him last night, on loan from Watford, almost playing up front. Much taller and quicker than I realised!

Dimata I quite fancied when he left Oostende.

Wesley is my new flavour of the month signing from Belgium. Danjuma too (injured?) and then the former golden boy of Nigeria at Charleroi.

We won’t sell them
They may become back up but we won’t sign better back up players than them
I could see Walcott going off if someone like Southampton came in with money.

Gana could go if we found better and someone was willing to get a high midtable standard premier league player into their team and meet our asking price.

Siggy is probably too old and on too much. But a team needing a Siggy type to stave off relegation might be tempted.

I'm not saying it is writ in stone, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were or weren't here for the January transfer window in 2021. I'd pretty much make the same point about 75% of our squad though.

Sell them all Marcel!

super player is Mitrovic. Going to be a total beast in about 3 years time

Have to say i agree on Mitrovic, hes one of those players you think is very good, when you actually watch football games, but doesn't get the media narrative or hype of others and he still very young, Kante was the classic example of this when everyone was going ape sh!Te about Mahrez and Vardy.

Newcastle dropped an absolute clanger there.

I could see Walcott going off if someone like Southampton came in with money.

Gana could go if we found better and someone was willing to get a high midtable standard premier league player into their team and meet our asking price.

Siggy is probably too old and on too much. But a team needing a Siggy type to stave off relegation might be tempted.

I'm not saying it is writ in stone, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were or weren't here for the January transfer window in 2021. I'd pretty much make the same point about 75% of our squad though.

Sell them all Marcel!

Agreed. You can't say we won't sell them because they'd be the best backup we could attract as I'm not sure we can afford 100k a week for backup players.

Davies / Vlasic = Keep
Gomes = Sign
Lookman = Move to attacking midfield
Baningime / Dowell = Loan

Sigurdsson / Gana / Schneiderlin / Williams / Besic = Sell for total £65-70mil

ACM - Lookman / Vlasic
CM - Gomes / Davies / Vlasic

Sign 2 players plus Gomes.

I like the big move idea but you’re going way to young to fast and without real replacements you would be stranding us in the bottom 5 almost immediately.

1) If we were to sell and wouldn’t get £15m + our money back for Gylfi and £35m for Gana I’d be completely outraged. Otherwise I’d be happy to let them live out their careers at Goodison. Schniederlin besic and Williams is a no brainer.

2) You’re moving Lookman into the center when he’s been his absolute best on the left and Bernard would be the one to replace Gylfi in the center first.

3) Keeping Vlasic would mean we would have Lookman, Vlasic, Richarlson, and Onyekuru all fighting for a position while the general consensus is we need a new RW also who would be thrown into the mix. That’s a possibility of 5 players under 23 for next year fighting for 2 positions. At that vital point in their career they need to play and each one of them will look for other options if they aren’t in the team weekly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back