Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are bringing in a new forward I would prefer we not get someone from Fulham or another lower team in our league. I would hope with Brands smarts he would find someone from another league that would transition well here. Most likely we will get someone from one of the lower leagues

I like the big move idea but you’re going way to young to fast and without real replacements you would be stranding us in the bottom 5 almost immediately.

1) If we were to sell and wouldn’t get £15m + our money back for Gylfi and £35m for Gana I’d be completely outraged. Otherwise I’d be happy to let them live out their careers at Goodison. Schniederlin besic and Williams is a no brainer.

2) You’re moving Lookman into the center when he’s been his absolute best on the left and Bernard would be the one to replace Gylfi in the center first.

3) Keeping Vlasic would mean we would have Lookman, Vlasic, Richarlson, and Onyekuru all fighting for a position while the general consensus is we need a new RW also who would be thrown into the mix. That’s a possibility of 5 players under 23 for next year fighting for 2 positions. At that vital point in their career they need to play and each one of them will look for other options if they aren’t in the team weekly.

We'd bring in replacements aligned with u25s...

1-- Ive got Gana + Sigurdsson down for £25mil each as both are 29.

2 -- I think Lookman has been best for Leipzig and England u21 in the centre...

3 --

Richarlison - LF / CF
Lookman - LF / ACM
Bernard - LF / ACM
Onyekuru - LF
Vlasic - CM / CF

I think one of Lookman / Onyekuru / Bernard will be sold in the summer.

Vlasic may also be sold of course.

I just really hope we punt the 29 year olds as they have value now...in 12 months time it wont be easy to get decent money for them.

3 --

Richarlison - LF / CF
Lookman - LF / ACM
Bernard - LF / ACM
Onyekuru - LF
Vlasic - CM / CF

I just really hope we punt the 29 year olds as they have value now...in 12 months time it wont be easy to get decent money for them.

A large chunk of these are 29+ https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...male-footballers-in-the-world-2018-nos-100-71

Your legs don't fall off at 30.

3 --

Richarlison - LF / CF
Lookman - LF / ACM
Bernard - LF / ACM
Onyekuru - LF
Vlasic - CM / CF

Players are playing top level til 32 now and prime example is Juve. They aren’t scared of the 30s and play in a league that is just as physical. Yeah price still drops but so should wages if quality does also.

When Lookman was at RBL he played in a 4-2-2-2. Still a wide player but with the license to cut in. Get the right CF that can play as a false 9 at times like Silva wants and that can be done in a 4-3-3.

For selling one of those 3 Bernard just arrived, onyekuru is a mystery as neither brands or Silva talk about him much but still think there’s a bit of anticipation for his arrival, and Lookman has recently had a complete change of heart about wanting to leave the club and loves Silva. If any were to go it would most likely be Vlasic who said he’d be happy to stay in Russia but it was up to Everton and his agent.

3 --

Richarlison - LF / CF
Lookman - LF / ACM
Bernard - LF / ACM
Onyekuru - LF
Vlasic - CM / CF

Zatman, why do you think that Bernard might be sold in the summer?

We all know the best years are 27-31. Legs don’t fall off but they become slower and injury can make it worse. He has the right to be scared of holding onto a player reaching their 30s as we have a prime example of how it can go horribly wrong in Coleman. 2-3 years ago Coleman was valued near £30m with united interested now the general consensus is replace him. With Coleman though we bought him with the spare change that Moisey had laying around in his car so letting him live out his career as a blue is a no brainer and a privileged for us as he’s a stand up man

We all know the best years are 27-31. Legs don’t fall off but they become slower and injury can make it worse. He has the right to be scared of holding onto a player reaching their 30s as we have a prime example of how it can go horribly wrong in Coleman. 2-3 years ago Coleman was valued near £30m with united interested now the general consensus is replace him. With Coleman though we bought him with the spare change that Moisey had laying around in his car so letting him live out his career as a blue is a no brainer and a privileged for us as he’s a stand up man

Mate Coleman got his leg blown clean off.

Players are playing top level til 32 now and prime example is Juve. They aren’t scared of the 30s and play in a league that is just as physical. Yeah price still drops but so should wages if quality does also.

When Lookman was at RBL he played in a 4-2-2-2. Still a wide player but with the license to cut in. Get the right CF that can play as a false 9 at times like Silva wants and that can be done in a 4-3-3.

For selling one of those 3 Bernard just arrived, onyekuru is a mystery as neither brands or Silva talk about him much but still think there’s a bit of anticipation for his arrival, and Lookman has recently had a complete change of heart about wanting to leave the club and loves Silva. If any were to go it would most likely be Vlasic who said he’d be happy to stay in Russia but it was up to Everton and his agent.

I dont think we can generate enough funds to bring in top quality players without not only selling deadwood but also the older players while they have transfer values and are taking home big wages.

Zatman, why do you think that Bernard might be sold in the summer?

A couple of reasons...

1 -- If we brought in a CF to start games then Richarlison will play on the left. We then have Lookman, Bernard and Onyekuru as other players for that position (though perhaps lookman will be moved central). That would be 4 players for 1 position.

2 -- Silva said he wants goals from wide playersand of the 4 left sided players he is the least likely to score.

Im not saying he would go, just that its possible.

3 -- I guess a 3rd reason may be as he cost nothing (on paper) and will be on big wages so perhaps that could be seen as a big plus for our transfer budget?

4 -- He also may have been seen as a 1 season player for us while lookman and onyekuru develop.

Who knows lol

I dont think we can generate enough funds to bring in top quality players without not only selling deadwood but also the older players while they have transfer values and are taking home big wages.

A couple of reasons...

1 -- If we brought in a CF to start games then Richarlison will play on the left. We then have Lookman, Bernard and Onyekuru as other players for that position (though perhaps lookman will be moved central). That would be 4 players for 1 position.

2 -- Silva said he wants goals from wide playersand of the 4 left sided players he is the least likely to score.

Im not saying he would go, just that its possible.

3 -- I guess a 3rd reason may be as he cost nothing (on paper) and will be on big wages so perhaps that could be seen as a big plus for our transfer budget?

4 -- He also may have been seen as a 1 season player for us while lookman and onyekuru develop.

Who knows lol

I just don't see us selling a player we've spent big money on, in terms of wages, and battled off a lot of other clubs to get, mate, after one season.

Especially considering he's going to need this season to adapt to England. He's definitely not going to be seen as a 'one season' player, because if anything it will be this season that they use as a season of development.

I just don't see us selling a player we've spent big money on, in terms of wages, and battled off a lot of other clubs to get, mate, after one season.

Especially considering he's going to need this season to adapt to England. He's definitely not going to be seen as a 'one season' player, because if anything it will be this season that they use as a season of development.

How do we keep all 4 players in that case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back