Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conte would have disagreed.

But the article you used is all about conte saying how he's a good right wing back, it's literally backing up all my points and has no mention of how he thinks moses could be a right back. Him saying he has defensive qualities doesn't mean he thinks he's a right back.

Watched him last night, on loan from Watford, almost playing up front. Much taller and quicker than I realised!

Dimata I quite fancied when he left Oostende.

Wesley is my new flavour of the month signing from Belgium. Danjuma too (injured?) and then the former golden boy of Nigeria at Charleroi.

Ah well I'm glad for him that he's doing okay.

Dimata is good, tbh I don't understand why Wolfsburg let him go that easily. He's the only good player in the current Anderlecht team consisting out of youth players (all good and all but there are just too many atm; e.g: Doku seems to be a player with a lot of potential but he's only 16 - I can see why Liverpool has made a lot of attempts to sign him but he's still too young to play every week) and bad players. They are going to need a very good January; only fourth atm, 11 points less than Genk.

Wesley's only problem is that he needs to score more; he gets loads of chances playing for Club Brugge. His hold-up play etc; is impressive (he was also very good in the CL- from the few Club Brugge games I've seen). So basically a good focal point. You keep hearing Arsenal from the reputable newspapers, I don't see that happening though, I don't think he'd get a working permit.

Danjuma has been injured since October. Also like him.

No chance m8. Stick the telly on every now and again.
Isn’t it safe to say their whole starting lineup being injured has a pretty big effect on how individuals play?

All I ever see is everyone talking about what the people on the “Telly” already beat to death 100x over and have very little to no weight behind it. Let’s try to have an original thought for once and not be mindless critics.

Dimata is good, tbh I don't understand why Wolfsburg let him go that easily. He's the only good player in the current Anderlecht team consisting out of youth players (all good and all but there are just too many atm; e.g: Doku seems to be a player with a lot of potential but he's only 16 - I can see why Liverpool has made a lot of attempts to sign him but he's still too young to play every week) and bad players. They are going to need a very good January; only fourth atm, 11 points less than Genk.

Wesley's only problem is that he needs to score more; he gets loads of chances playing for Club Brugge. His hold-up play etc; is impressive (he was also very good in the CL- from the few Club Brugge games I've seen). So basically a good focal point. You keep hearing Arsenal from the reputable newspapers, I don't see that happening though, I don't think he'd get a working permit.

Saw Wesley in the CL also thought he was a very good player also

A few options.

We'll sell other players (Tosun, Niasse), to clear space in the squad. Onyekuru and Richarlison may well be seen as wingers. Vlasic may well be seen as back up to Gylfi.

There's plenty of options.

There's also the factor that Silva and Brands both wanted Bernard. Onyekuru was already here - albeit, not actually here.

Then if lookman is seen as a left sided player we would have

ACM - Sigurdsson/Vlasic
RF - New player / New player
CF - New player / New player / DCL
LF - Richarlison / Bernard / Lookman / Onyekuru

Stats wise Onyekuru has been most productive on the left, as have Lookman and Richarlison. Bernard weve only seen on the left.

We have 4 players on the left...

Depends on the fee for the work permit.

If hes in the top 15% of fees for the league that qualifies i believe and is how richarlison got one for watford...

ACM - Sigurdsson/Vlasic

Stats wise Onyekuru has been most productive on the left, as have Lookman and Richarlison. Bernard weve only seen on the left.

Hi Zat, the answer is quite clear then, if its transfer funds we want, we sell Richarlson, hopefully somebody out there would give us our 50m back.

ACM - Sigurdsson/Vlasic

I see the issue too with the left side producing the best performances from players. Could be a factor of personnel (Digne vs Coleman).

My hope is having a team like BVB that any player can rotate from LW/RW/CF/ACM and still have their day

The press are ramping up rumours about Gabriel Barbosa. Apparently he’s moving to a team in the top of the premiership, loan initially with the loan fee coming off a transfer fee if it works out well. No figures for the fees mentioned.

The only clubs being linked are us and West Ham.

I can see definitely see us going for him and having Mina, Bernard, Richarlison and other Spanish/Portuguese speaking people at the club will help.

Gomes on a permanent and Barbosa on loan and I’d be quite happy with our season’s transfer business. Ship niasse out and hopefully agree the sale of besic to Boro.

The press are ramping up rumours about Gabriel Barbosa. Apparently he’s moving to a team in the top of the premiership, loan initially with the loan fee coming off a transfer fee if it works out well. No figures for the fees mentioned.

I can see definitely see us going for him and having Mina, Bernard, Richarlison and other Spanish/Portuguese speaking people at the club will help.

Gomes on a permanent and Barbosa on loan and I’d be quite happy with our season’s transfer business. Ship niasse out and hopefully agree the sale of besic to Boro.

Id love to see Gomes signed and GabiGol on a loan to buy would be very exciting...

I still hope we ger one more in Jan...id like Gomes + 2 others...

Weve got 6 starting positions to fill imo so hoping we can sort 3 out.

Isn’t it safe to say their whole starting lineup being injured has a pretty big effect on how individuals play?

All I ever see is everyone talking about what the people on the “Telly” already beat to death 100x over and have very little to no weight behind it. Let’s try to have an original thought for once and not be mindless critics.

Let’s try watching the players you mentioned then thinking about it. Jovetic betore his injury was poor and Sidibe as always been overrated. Just a French Coleman.

Got a link mate?

Let’s try watching the players you mentioned then thinking about it. Jovetic betore his injury was poor and Sidibe as always been overrated. Just a French Coleman.
I think it was the potential price tag for them that had me throw out their names and Jovetic because we’re desperate for a ST to begin with really.

Fair point though and didn’t know Sidibé was hitting that poor of form that the French even stopped eating him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back