Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If its true and we were able to sell McCarthy, Schneiderlin and Gana in this window i think theres 2 schools of thought:

1 -- It would be very hard to replace them in the January window as other teams wont want to sell + will ask for big money.

2 -- We will have cleared out two 29 year olds and an injury prone player enabling us to effectively replace all 3 with one signing (as 2 arent getting on the bench). This signing may cost a premium amount in Jan, or be a Brands under the radar player, or a loan deal till summer.

If we were able to bring in £40mil from all 3 and save over £200k in wages then i think I would have faith in Brands to work some magic.
Gana is worth £40mil on his own, easily

The rumor is PSG are interested in Gana and people on here are acting like he's not good enough for us. Can't make this stuff up sometimes.
Well if you read articles they say that PSG are looking for and affordable midfielder to replace rabiot. Sounds like they’re just looking for a squad player and are the ones playing Gana’s ability down.

I think people are saying on here we’ll cash in on a 29 year old who’s game relies heavily on being able to put miles down per game. And people would be even more willing if we have a younger more well rounded replacement lined up

The rumor is PSG are interested in Gana and people on here are acting like he's not good enough for us. Can't make this stuff up sometimes.

Give it a month he will be highly rated again. You can go through each player thread and the opinion changes month by month.

Gomes looks better with Gana behind him, If Gana is allowed to stick to his natural game of break up play, tackle and pass it on rather than having to do about three roles then we won’t need anyone else.

I imagine he’s worth more to us than he would be to them - I can’t see them paying what we’d be wanting for him. I’m not sure how they are with FFP.

Give it a month he will be highly rated again. You can go through each player thread and the opinion changes month by month.

Gomes looks better with Gana behind him, If Gana is allowed to stick to his natural game of break up play, tackle and pass it on rather than having to do about three roles then we won’t need anyone else.

Give it 2 days. If we beat spurs he’ll be great again

He is more than good enough but there are better and we won't let Gana go unless we have a ready made replacement. As others have stated Gana is supreme at breaking up play but he has his weakness of poor contribution. There are players out there that can do as good a job for us....maybe not as good in breaking up play but few are...but certainly better with distribution. It is the way we have to go now. We will lose or willingly lose some of our good players to hopefully get better. It is the way good teams work whereas we keep hold as long as possible to good players rather than looking for better. We seem to be in a position now to hopefully improve on our good players to make us even stronger and better. With the number of decent players we have we are now in a better position for wheeling and dealing....we cannot stand still and be content with an OK team

Well if you read articles they say that PSG are looking for and affordable midfielder to replace rabiot. Sounds like they’re just looking for a squad player and are the ones playing Gana’s ability down.

I think people are saying on here we’ll cash in on a 29 year old who’s game relies heavily on being able to put miles down per game. And people would be even more willing if we have a younger more well rounded replacement lined up
It has to be in the order of sign a replacement and then sell him. We currently have very limited midfield play when he isn't around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back