Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks like callum wilson is off to Chelsea then

Was always going to be a big ask getting him to come here..

Darn it

Only condition gana goes if a better replacement is sorted. Doucoure would be great. Loads in Europe who could do a job.

God I hope not Doucoure. Average as.

Torn on Gana - on the one hand it's only good business sense to sell a 29 year old high-energy DM with minimal passing skills if a good bid comes in, and there should already be a decent list of replacements. On the other hand, in Silva's system and next to someone as slow as Gomes, we need someone equally as freakish at making tackles and covering to protect the defense.

Whisper it but we have a very delicately balanced midfield 2...one excellent in possession but offers very little out of it, the other the absolute reverse. Makes it quite hard to replace either with anything other than a carbon copy - unless you replace both simultaneously with more balanced players. OR you pull a rabbit out of a hat and find players who we can afford who are equally as good in one of the two areas, while offering more in the other. Which is hard.

I'm really interested to see how it's approached

...I prefer to at least have a rumour to back up a transfer post, so;

Strong rumours of Gueye in talks with PSG. Strong rumours in the summer linking us with Wilmar Barrios but his club were desperate to keep hold of him until December.

Based on rumour and Brands quotes of one in/one out, I give you Gueye to PSG and Barrios to Everton. All conjecture of course.

Strong rumours of Gueye in talks with PSG. Strong rumours in the summer linking us with Wilmar Barrios but his club were desperate to keep hold of him until December.

Based on rumour and Brands quotes of one in/one out, I give you Gueye to PSG and Barrios to Everton. All conjecture of course.
I see where your coming from

Would certainly be like-for-like in the sense that he's a defensive monster who doesn't really do much in possession - I could see it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back