Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
£20m + Barrios in on a free?

Wouldn’t be the worst outcome. £20m into the kitty for brands to use. Sell Niasse for £10m and get a £30m forward.

Edit/ I’m not sure barrios is on a free? Think I might’ve made that up from somewhere

Last edited:

Wouldn’t be the worst outcome. £20m into the kitty for brands to use. Sell Niasse for £10m and get a £30m forward.

Edit/ I’m not sure barrios is on a free? Think I might’ve made that up from somewhere

...I recall (from the summer) that Barrios had a £15m release clause but if a club was prepared to wait until January they could get him ‘for cheaper’. His club Director was desperate to keep hold of him until now, but he did get sent off in the recent cup final.

...I recall (from the summer) that Barrios had a £15m release clause but if a club was prepared to wait until January they could get him ‘for cheaper’. His club Director was desperate to keep hold of him until now, but he did get sent off in the recent cup final.

He signed a new contract in July till 2021 with a 24mil release clause.

Compared to Mascherano and Casemiro.

He seems to like a dribble into the opposition half...

...I prefer to at least have a rumour to back up a transfer post, so;

Strong rumours of Gueye in talks with PSG. Strong rumours in the summer linking us with Wilmar Barrios but his club were desperate to keep hold of him until December.

Based on rumour and Brands quotes of one in/one out, I give you Gueye to PSG and Barrios to Everton. All conjecture of course.
To be fair to you @Eggs you have been mentioning that Barrios lad for a while now

His passing stats are crap though. For people who don’t like Gueye for that reason they’d hate Barrios.

@Eggs @catcherintherye

Barrios is a bit of an anomaly as none of us (i think) has seen him much.

He looks very good at tackling and has leadership ability (captain at his former team in Colombia) as well as being rated similar to Casemiro + Mascherano...also Real, Spurs and Chelsea have all been heavily linked.

In the WC games and youtube (the clips where they show the touches over 90mins of a player) he seems to make alot of short passes (back/sideways/forwards), enjoys a dribble and plays a few long passes as well.

Apparently hes the Boco fans favourite player and despite his red card against river plate hes only been sent off once in 2.5 years.

That being said, hed need to adapt to the league and as we saw with Mascherano that took a season at West Ham and some time at the RS.

His passing stats have been dire this season though at about 69% which apparently is well below his usual level...but who knows?

If his fee was the £14.5mil it was with his old release clause then it could be an interesting gamble as we know he is in sync with Mina at least.

His passing stats are crap though. For people who don’t like Gueye for that reason they’d hate Barrios.

I'll be honest mate I haven't looked at many stats. I'm going off a couple of World Cup games and the style of player he is. He looked much more comfortable on the ball than Gana and seems to enjoy dictating play more. Have we been linked again to him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back