Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
24 is prime?
For Strikers its considered 27-29.

Cant believe people are now turning their noses up at 24 year olds and considering them the finished product, the Zat virus has infected you all.
It's closer than 21. And I'm not turning my nose up at Haller as I said in my post I just think Jovic is better and as an added bonus younger with more time to grow.

It's like if we had to pick between Richarlison and Bernard to sign. No one would be upset with Bernard but who should we really get.

Haller is very good, we should have signed him from Utrecht he was worth the gamble of a few quid, him and richy in a 2 upfront with a diamond 4 of Siggy, Gueye, Gomes and Bernard is the stuff of dreams.

I like the idea of us playing a diamond

For Strikers its considered 27-29.

Cant believe people are now turning their noses up at 24 year olds and considering them the finished product, the Zat virus has infected you all.
Haven't there been a lot of people saying that "prime" for a footballer is a couple years less than conventional? Striker would be 24-27, defence 26-30 etc

Jovic is 6’2” and just as easily brushes defenders aside. Jovic is also more skilled than Haller. Haller’s numbers are nice but Jovic has scored better goals. I think Haller offers the same in play style as Tosun but is just producing goals

Fair enough.

Neither of them were good tonight, after the first 15 mins.

Haven't there been a lot of people saying that "prime" for a footballer is a couple years less than conventional? Striker would be 24-27, defence 26-30 etc
I can see that. I feel like athleticism is more important than its ever been and most players will start to slip a bit in that regard at 30 or in the next few years. In midfield maybe less so since guys like Kroos, Modric, De Bruyne, etc. are still the best at that but look at the best in defense and you get people like Ramos, Varane, Koulibaly and Van Dijk who are superb athletes and up top you've got players like Mbappe, Hazard and Salah who are incredibly quick.

I can see that. I feel like athleticism is more important than its ever been and most players will start to slip a bit in that regard at 30 or in the next few years. In midfield maybe less so since guys like Kroos, Modric, De Bruyne, etc. are still the best at that but look at the best in defense and you get people like Ramos, Varane, Koulibaly and Van Dijk who are superb athletes and up top you've got players like Mbappe, Hazard and Salah who are incredibly quick.
I think the "average" prime is lower tho, you only have to look at Ronaldo to see it's not a stead fast rule

I think the "average" prime is lower tho, you only have to look at Ronaldo to see it's not a stead fast rule
Absolutely nothing holds true for everyone in this sport. Ronaldo is certainly a special player physically so it isn't surprising that he has lasted as long as he has at least to me.

Fair enough.

Neither of them were good tonight, after the first 15 mins.

yes very true. But I suppose not the best game to judge them on, played really well at the start, but after conceding, Bayern controlled most of it. Plus Ante Rebic wasn't playing, and his physicality and pace is a massive loss to Eintracht.

But so far this season, both of them have done very well, both in the league and in Europe. I think Jovic is the one with the higher ceiling as it where, but Haller is having a really good season too.

yes very true. But I suppose not the best game to judge them on, played really well at the start, but after conceding, Bayern controlled most of it. Plus Ante Rebic wasn't playing, and his physicality and pace is a massive loss to Eintracht.

But so far this season, both of them have done very well, both in the league and in Europe. I think Jovic is the one with the higher ceiling as it where, but Haller is having a really good season too.

I remember Rebic from the World Cup (I think!). Any hope we’d get him?

I like the idea of us playing a diamond

Same. The players listed in that diamond with a arl arse upfront who just comes alive in an 18 yard box with richy as second striker in behind with the time and this manager may develop into a very good side. Striker is a must in this window, Europe is miles off but getting a striker for the second half of the season with a solid system would give a platform to build on. If not Haller I would like to see Morelos from rangers he’s a bit of a head the ball but I think his style with richy would give the opposition problems, when was the last time the club had two strikers who can run in behind, stretch sides and a genuine goal threat?

So for the January window what’s our need order?
1.ST?
2.CM?
3.RB?

Does CM jump ST if Gana is bought?
And who would you like to go after for each?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back