Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
i still hope we can try and get loftus-cheek from chelsea

he's got more game time this year but mainly from the subs bench so i hope he doesn't still think he has a future there

he's got the build to be one of the best powerhouse midfielders in the league and still young at only 22 years of age

chelsea will prob want a lot of money for him but i reckon 30 mil would be enough

Pulisic has been hugely overhyped after arriving on the scene at such a young age. He really hasn't taken the next steps forward in his development since then, and is now a squad player at Dortmund. He does have talent of course, but as of this point, it remains untapped potential.

IF Dortmund get around €40-50m for him, then that is a crazy good deal for a squad player who doesn't have long left on his contract.
He will go for more than 50M unless Dortmund are mad. Either way, if I were him I'd leave, too.
I understand not playing because of Jordan Sancho, who has been fantastic, but there's no way he should be sitting for Bruun Larsen or Ralpheal Gurreriero like last game.

he's got more game time this year but mainly from the subs bench so i hope he doesn't still think he has a future there

he's got the build to be one of the best powerhouse midfielders in the league and still young at only 22 years of age

chelsea will prob want a lot of money for him but i reckon 30 mil would be enough
Sense at last spud.

Yes

I hope not. Not sure what you all see in him. All I see is a tall guy that dives a lot. There is some talent there, okay ball control, okay passer, but he's going to be 23 in January and Chelsea isn't going to let him go for nothing. Just don't think he's good enough for us.

That I CAN see happening.

Wow, that was kind of realistic for you Zat.

Thought you'd at least like my Denis Zakaria shout. But someone like that - a DM/CM. Doucoure is just too expensive I fear.

Lozano would be interesting, too.
Cool. Who you gonna replace him with?

The thing is, if Gomes goes to spurs and we sell besic, McCarthy and Schneiderlin who aren’t good enough. Davies and Beni possibly going on loan and who also might not be good enough in the future.

And Gana turning 30 in the summer and imo will be getting phased out of the team in 18 months to 2yrs. We are going to be signing 3 maybe 4 central midfielders over the next few windows.

If PSG offer a ridiculous amount for Gana, I would definitely sell, good player but easily replaced

Schneiderlin
Gana
Vlasic
Dowell
Besic
Baningime
Williams
Connolly
McCarthy
Davies

Thats 10 centre midfielders we own for 2 starting spots and 2 rotation positions.

I think were actively negatively impacted by Sigurdssons position. I think Silva has always played with a deep player who can pass and 2 box to box players. By playing Sigurdsson were really rather top heavy and as such we will need to either not play with a deep player or lose a central player to enable us to have someone deep.

I think based on this and Gomes possibly signing i think we will be looking for a box to box athletic type of player who can also play as a defensive midfielder.

This player in our league is Doucoure who PSG seem to have pinpointed too.

If we could add to the pot and coax Ndombele over then that would be the player to go for.

If we keep with Sigurdsson then we really need a powerful player.

So worked all holiday on a list of players that I think would be great additions to the club over the next 2 windows. I ranked them based off value, form, future outlook, and how well I believe they’d fit into the team. I think 1 player at each position listed is needed (2 at CM if Gana leaves) in order to break through into European competition.

RB:
  1. Wan Bissaka - Crystal Palace - £9m (w/wl/s)
  2. Danilo - Man City - £18m (wl/s)
  3. Kenny Lala - Strasbourg - £11m (wl/s)
CM/CDM:
  1. Amadou Diawara - Napoli - £14.5m (w/s)
  2. Dennis Zakaria - Gladbach - £15.5m (w/s)
  3. Sander Berge - Genk - £15.5m (w/s/wl/sl)
  4. Tonny Vilhenna - Feyenord - £11m (w/s)
  5. Wylan Cyprien - Nice - £13m (w/wl/s)
  6. Ndombele - Lyon - £40.5m (w/s)
  7. Doucoure - Watford - £22.5 (s)
ST:
  1. Michy Batshuayi - Valencia - £27m (w/wl/s)
  2. Jovic - Frankfurt - £36m (w/s)
  3. Kramaric - Hoffenhiem - £31.5m (w/s/wl)
  4. Wesley - Brugge - £12.5m (wl/s)
  5. Andre Silva - AC Milan/Sevilla - £31.5m (s/sl)
RW:
  1. Lozano - PSV - £36m (w/s)
  2. Thorgan Hazard - Gladbach - £34m (s/wl/w)
  3. Allan Saint-Maximin - Nice - £18m (wl/w)
  4. Julian Brandt - Leverkusen - £36 (wl/w/s)

w = winter sign
wl = winter loan
s = summer sign
sl = summer loan

(Values by Transfermarkt)

So worked all holiday on a list of players that I think would be great additions to the club over the next 2 windows. I ranked them based off value, form, future outlook, and how well I believe they’d fit into the team. I think 1 player at each position listed is needed (2 at CM if Gana leaves) in order to break through into European competition.

RB:
CM/CDM:
ST:
RW:

w = winter sign
wl = winter loan
s = summer sign
sl = summer loan

Wan bissaka 9m. Dont think that's been updated for a while.

Schneiderlin
Gana
Vlasic
Dowell
Besic
Baningime
Williams
Connolly
McCarthy
Davies

Thats 10 centre midfielders we own for 2 starting spots and 2 rotation positions.

I think were actively negatively impacted by Sigurdssons position. I think Silva has always played with a deep player who can pass and 2 box to box players. By playing Sigurdsson were really rather top heavy and as such we will need to either not play with a deep player or lose a central player to enable us to have someone deep.

I think based on this and Gomes possibly signing i think we will be looking for a box to box athletic type of player who can also play as a defensive midfielder.

This player in our league is Doucoure who PSG seem to have pinpointed too.

If we could add to the pot and coax Ndombele over then that would be the player to go for.

If we keep with Sigurdsson then we really need a powerful player.
Check out Amadou Diawara from Napoli. I think he’s honestly the perfect player to pair with Gomes behind a more advanced ACM

RB:
CM/CDM:
ST:
RW:

w = winter sign
wl = winter loan
s = summer sign
sl = summer loan

Im sorry but the fact that you missed off Seb Haller means this whole list is a no from me.

He will go for more than 50M unless Dortmund are mad. Either way, if I were him I'd leave, too.
I understand not playing because of Jordan Sancho, who has been fantastic, but there's no way he should be sitting for Bruun Larsen or Ralpheal Gurreriero like last game.

He'll have a year left on his deal when he leaves, it'd be a really good deal for Dortmund to get anything over 40m really. When you are top of the league with only 1 defeat so far and playing really well as a team, you won't find many complaining about who's getting starts. It's Sancho he's in direct competition with rather than Bruun Larsen or Guerreiro.

I agree he probably should leave though. A new team and challenge may just be what he needs.

Im sorry but the fact that you missed off Seb Haller means this whole list is a no from me.
If Frankfurt were to keep one ST it would be Haller. They have the most money invested into him and jovic is going to get them the biggest profit from selling. Jovic is also the younger and more skilled of the two. Haller is an absolute unit but isn’t most skilled making me think that he could easily tip and turn out to be like Tosun

If Frankfurt were to keep one ST it would be Haller. They have the most money invested into him and jovic is going to get them the biggest profit from selling. Jovic is also the younger and more skilled of the two. Haller is an absolute unit but isn’t most skilled making me think that he could easily tip and turn out to be like Tosun

I just feel we need somebody a bit more ready to go.

We have loads of promising youngsters and whilst Haller would possibly be a gamble, I just think buying a 21 year old to go with our other 21 year old Strikers would be less prudent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back