Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could definitely see a scenario where we dont bring in a striker and instead go for a RW with Rico staying up top until the summer.

In

Doucoure: £45 million
Lozano: £28 million

Total: £73 million

Out
Niasse: £9 million
Tosun: £14 million
Schnerderlin: £15 million
McCarthy: £10 million

Total: 48 million

Net Spend: £25 million

Unless we bring in a centre forward on loan from one of the top clubs abroad who isnt getting much game time I doubt many top strikers will be available unless we offer big money. If Brands does that or not we'll have to wait and see.

Doucoure Gomes

Siggurdsson

Lozano Richarlison Bernard

I would be happy enough with that midfield/front 3 until the summer in fairness.

As if anyone is going to pay 10 million pounds for McCarthy. The clubs that come in for him this January will be wanting a loan deal, and then he will just have 12 months left on his contract come the summer.

The best case scenario is that he goes on loan this January and he proves that he is still a decent footballer so that we can hopefully get about 5 million in the summer. However it wouldn't surprise me if he just ends up being loaned out until his contract expires in 2020.

Stopped reading after wan banksia for 9m
Posted several times the prices were most likely all off as they were taken directly from Transfermarkt. I wasn’t going to go through all the news articles to find values for each. I believe he’d be more around the 20m mark though

I could definitely see a scenario where we dont bring in a striker and instead go for a RW with Rico staying up top until the summer.

In

Doucoure: £45 million
Lozano: £28 million

Total: £73 million

Out
Niasse: £9 million
Tosun: £14 million
Schnerderlin: £15 million
McCarthy: £10 million

Total: 48 million

Net Spend: £25 million

Unless we bring in a centre forward on loan from one of the top clubs abroad who isnt getting much game time I doubt many top strikers will be available unless we offer big money. If Brands does that or not we'll have to wait and see.

Doucoure Gomes

Siggurdsson

Lozano Richarlison Bernard

I would be happy enough with that midfield/front 3 until the summer in fairness.
I really don't see that level of change within January mate.

If he was playing in a stronger league I would agree mate however players dont often go for massive money from leagues like Eredivise, SPL.

£30 million for a team like PSV is like £50 million to a club like us realistically.

PSV are also out the CL, basically this window is a perfect one to get Lozano if we were interested imo.
Davison Sanchez sold for 40 mil plus and Frankie De Jong and De Ligt are being quoted for 50 plus mil. The days of the cheaper Dutch transfers are over genuine class from Netherlands especially if proven in Europe or on the bigger stages will cost a bomb I’m willing to bet 50 euro to alder hey that he will go to a club for north of 35 mil

Lozano has been linked with Chelsea this morning as a replacement for Hazard, so might as well forget about him tbh.

Imagine getting Lozano as a replacement for hazardlol. There'd be riots! They need to get a super star in to replace him in the summer.

Lozano is more like a Pedro/william replacement for me both very good players who are getting old but not world class.

It's lunacy pal. If we sign anyone i'd be amazed. Silva content with Cenk. No glaringly obvious positions need filling. People spending 60mil on midfielders yet we need to secure Gomes first surely ?? Silly season.

If he was content with cenk we'd have seen him within the last four months. He's not going to say "you can have him for £10m" to the rest of the world.

I like Doucoure but him or Gomes won't going to smash 10+ goals a season, really think we need someone from midfield who can chip in. However, either way, he would be an upgrade and go straight into the starting XI.

I don’t trust that transfermarkt site as far as I could throw it.

And you can’t throw websites.
The info on it is fairly accurate mate, but yeah some of the values are a bit 'dubious' the industry standard is 'wyscout' but you need to pay for that, but it's a hell of a bit of kit though, i have had a go on it at work, it's just endless amounts of info and videos on players from every corner of the globe and it's updated every day unlike transfermarkt.

Posted several times the prices were most likely all off as they were taken directly from Transfermarkt. I wasn’t going to go through all the news articles to find values for each. I believe he’d be more around the 20m mark though

Was taking this pee a bit when I said it :) I still think wan banksia would not be sold for 20m. We would cost around 30m I reckon and could be more if signed in jan.

Imagine getting Lozano as a replacement for hazardlol. There'd be riots! They need to get a super star in to replace him in the summer.

Lozano is more like a Pedro/william replacement for me both very good players who are getting old but not world class.
I agree mate, Lozano is a good player but there are better options in that position, and as a replacement for Hazard, well you would hope that he would improve, but yeah like you say that's a bit of step down at the moment.

The info on it is fairly accurate mate, but yeah some of the values are a bit 'dubious' the industry standard is 'wyscout' but you need to pay for that, but it's a hell of a bit of kit though, i have had a go on it at work, it's just endless amounts of info and videos on players from every corner of the globe and it's updated every day unlike transfermarkt.

It’s always annoyed me for some reason. Think it’s cos they’re German.

I like Doucoure but him or Gomes won't going to smash 10+ goals a season, really think we need someone from midfield who can chip in. However, either way, he would be an upgrade and go straight into the starting XI.

That's what siggurdsson does. If you can get a box to box midfielder who scores double figures as well, they'll be at real Madrid or the Ilk.

We play with three attackers and siggurdsson as the more forward off the middle three to score the goals, with hopefully three of them getting double figures, we already have two near that mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back