Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some names that in my view would be excellent reinforcements for Everton. Some are little known in Brazil because they still play in the U-20:
4 are Grêmio players.

Everton, Grêmio, 22, excellent striker (lol, it would be interesting to see Everton playing for Everton)
Luan, Grêmio, 25, attacking midfielder / striker
Victor Bobsin, Grêmio, 18, defensive midfielder but great technique
"Furacão" Tetê ou "Hurricane" Tetê, Grêmio, 18 years, style similar to that of Douglas Costa.
Alan Guimarães (Alanzinho), Palmeiras, 18, midfielder creative. New Coutinho.
Pedrinho, 20, Corinthians, his style seems a lot like Rivaldo

There are many videos of them on youtube.

Thanks for that, ive moved this to the Jan transfer thread.

Dont Everton and Guimaeres play in the same position as Richarlison / Bernard? Left sided forward.

Luan seems to have been around forever

Tete looks looks what we could do with on the right

Bobsin looks absolute class as a DM...so does Pedrinho as a right forward.

Hope theres some interest from us in January ;)

How highly was Mina rated in Brazil compared to the Brazilian players?

No I didn't watch games cause he played in the Ukraine. Which is part of the problem I have with him. I just don't want to rely on a player who has yet to show the ability to play in a truly top level league. Rather we just bought Gomes permanently myself.

I understand we tend to take players who don't perform but Barca are well better than us. I'm really not sure United are currently. We absolutely matched them a few weeks back and a couple big decisions go are way we might not only get a result but win the match. Taking unwanted players from that kind of team isn't exactly the same.

Honestly in the whole United team if money wasn't an obstacle I'd probably only want us to sign De Gea, Pogba, Mata, Martial, Rashford, Lukaku and Sanchez. I don't really rate anyone else enough to want to sign them and have them play a significant role. They're all useful squad filler but we need first team contributors still.
Fellaini walks on this team in front of Walcott or Bernard. Siggy would move out wide.

Fellaini walks on this team in front of Walcott or Bernard. Siggy would move out wide.
I love Fellaini but he does not get in the team under Silva. Last year he would have been our best player but we're playing the ball on the ground effectively now and that just isn't his game. I think Fellaini would be a huge asset to a lower level team. He'd be brilliant for a Brighton type team.

Hmm, I don't think the defending has been good for some time really. Dortmund never had a good defence under Klopp. Hummels is probably the best defender in that league and he's not as good as the best four in the PL, which itself isn't a 'great' defensive league (because there aren't that many great defenders really left!).

Pulisic would be a dream, ey :D

Hummels is pretty garbage these days to be fair.

Smalling would be a no from me of course too.

As for me believing we won’t get anyone in January, I’m just pretty sure we don’t need anyone right now.

We’re not going to win the league. We probably won’t get top four or top 6 really, and more realistically 7th already looks achievable.

Then reasses in the summer if we can push on again as we did this summer.

There is no urgency to improve this January. From me anyway.

People seem in too much of a rush to see us push on. It’s gonna take time despite our obvious progress already.

But that’s just me. And Farhad.

I am a fan of signings in January , can lift the squad , fans and obviously adjust the team. The main reason I like it and am happy to pay a bit more is because I’m sick of starting the season and waiting for our players to bed in, gel, adjust to the league etc just like Bernard , gomes, Mina are doing now. I want to be ready for the first game next season with as many players adjusted, settled on etc . We need to be at it from day 1 if we are going to push top 4 or 6. They have quality played that have adjusted and proved themselves and they can always revert back to them if any new signings don’t settle right away due to their squads. We are at the stage where any big signings that hopefully are capable of pushing us on, are going to be very big players that we need playing well from the start of the season and we won’t hace any back up players at the same quality. That’s why , if brands and Silva think we need , cm, st, rb, cb? Or whatever , we should try and sign as many as we can in January to give us a good chance to be ready for the first day of next season

I am a fan of signings in January , can lift the squad , fans and obviously adjust the team. The main reason I like it and am happy to pay a bit more is because I’m sick of starting the season and waiting for our players to bed in, gel, adjust to the league etc just like Bernard , gomes, Mina are doing now. I want to be ready for the first game next season with as many players adjusted, settled on etc . We need to be at it from day 1 if we are going to push top 4 or 6. They have quality played that have adjusted and proved themselves and they can always revert back to them if any new signings don’t settle right away due to their squads. We are at the stage where any big signings that hopefully are capable of pushing us on, are going to be very big players that we need playing well from the start of the season and we won’t hace any back up players at the same quality. That’s why , if brands and Silva think we need , cm, st, rb, cb? Or whatever , we should try and sign as many as we can in January to give us a good chance to be ready for the first day of next season

If were going after south americans then best we do it in Jan when their seasons are over...hoping for 2 more :)

That's the issue. Where could we spend to give it a real go at top 6? CF probably, but man, who is out there? I love all these ideas about selling Morgan, McCarthy, loaning out DCL, selling Jags, recouping that money to splash on a CF, but that sounds like FIFA type stuff.

For me

ST
CM x2
RW
CB
RB

That’s assuming gomes and zouma don’t sign . I would sign both if possible.

All players signed must be first team players that push our now starting players to the bench

So every season we buy players in jan in preparation for the next season?

How about we just work with the players we have, who are looking the gel with each other and looking better every week rather than add new players into the mix.

So every season we buy players in jan in preparation for the next season?

How about we just work with the players we have, who are looking the gel with each other and looking better every week rather than add new players into the mix.

Not every season and not every player has to be signed in jan. But we need 5-6 quality signings to get to where we want to be. We need the relatively quickly, we can’t do it over 2-3 years because then siggy and players 27 upwards will need replacing. Also players like richy, Pickford, Mina, digne, gomes will have been here for a year and might want to move, then we ar in the same situation of having half a good team and needing 5-6 signings to push on , only difference is that it’s different positions need improving. 1-2 January signings let’s say a ST and RB , would leave us with a strong first 11, add gomes and zouma and maybe one other in the summer and we have only one signing that needs time settle and adjust. That would leave us with a goal scorer that has at least 6 months in the league assuming he’s from abroad a new first choice RB that’s bedded in Mina, digne, zouma with a year playing together. After that it’s about replacing and improving any players that go backwards, leave or don’t suit the system. Next two windows need 5 signings just to push us we’ll clear of the rest of the league below us and have us as a more attractive proposition for next level players

Not every season and not every player has to be signed in jan. But we need 5-6 quality signings to get to where we want to be. We need the relatively quickly, we can’t do it over 2-3 years because then siggy and players 27 upwards will need replacing. Also players like richy, Pickford, Mina, digne, gomes will have been here for a year and might want to move, then we ar in the same situation of having half a good team and needing 5-6 signings to push on , only difference is that it’s different positions need improving. 1-2 January signings let’s say a ST and RB , would leave us with a strong first 11, add gomes and zouma and maybe one other in the summer and we have only one signing that needs time settle and adjust. That would leave us with a goal scorer that has at least 6 months in the league assuming he’s from abroad a new first choice RB that’s bedded in Mina, digne, zouma with a year playing together. After that it’s about replacing and improving any players that go backwards, leave or don’t suit the system. Next two windows need 5 signings just to push us we’ll clear of the rest of the league below us and have us as a more attractive proposition for next level players

Who are these players who are going to be available in Jan to improve us?

For me

ST
CM x2
RW
CB
RB

That’s assuming gomes and zouma don’t sign . I would sign both if possible.

All players signed must be first team players that push our now starting players to the bench

..I presume you’re suggesting positions that need strengthening in Summer. We won’t know about Gomes and Zouma until summer and this is the January transfer thread.

Moshiri has already said the club might not spend at all in January because players are still bedding in. Unless a particular player is available, I think that might be the case.

We have "something to push for"
European places and FA cup.

Cant be hanging our boots up in January being content to see the season petter out.

We should be looking to improve & strengthen no matter what window.
Yeah that's what Watford do. Let's be better than Watford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back