Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Arnatovic but Zaha is another level.

I honestly think people haven't watched him that much if they think he's over rated. If Palace was a foreign side we faced in the EL people would be raving about him 'I like the look of that Zaha lad, quick on the ball and caused us a threat all game with his pace and dribbling'

I dont think he would be worth the £60/65 million Palace would want for him but I didnt think Gyfi was worth £45 million or Richarlison £50 million etc.

I doubt we would go for him and I would rather an elite player for that sort of fee however I certainly would be happy if we did go for him.

The one question mark over Zaha, is can he do it at a bigger club with a higher level of expectation? He is very comfortable at Palace and living in London, generally as long as Palace are not getting relegated there is no pressure on him. He moved North once before, to Man Utd and it didn't suit him. I actually think Palace would want more like £80m for him as well, its just the way money is in the Premier League now.

Zaha played well against us apparently according to people on here, yet didn’t have a single shot .

Did Richarlison have a shot against Chelsea? I would say its difficult for Zaha to have much luck against us when Woy was playing 2 banks of 4 with him playing out of position as a striker.

He still won a penalty against us and did cause us a few problems on the counter but without any help around him or a centre forward to link up with I think its very harsh to judge him.

I would also point to the likes of Sterling and how having a top manager work with him as increased his overall game. Zaha has had Moyes, Pardew, De Boer and Woy manage him.

I just think under Silva's management and players like Richarlson, Siggurdsson and a top striker (if we get one in) around him he would become a top player in the league.

Did Richarlison have a shot against Chelsea? I would say its difficult for Zaha to have much luck against us when Woy was playing 2 banks of 4 with him playing out of position as a striker.

He still won a penalty against us and did cause us a few problems on the counter but without any help around him or a centre forward to link up with I think its very harsh to judge him.

I would also point to the likes of Sterling and how having a top manager work with him as increased his overall game. Zaha has had Moyes, Pardew, De Boer and Woy manage him.

I just think under Silva's management and players like Richarlson, Siggurdsson and a top striker (if we get one in) around him he would become a top player in the league.
I’m not a fan of Zaha, I think he’s a good player, but overrated.
He does keep the ball well and is strong, wins free kicks.

But when your paying 70mil for an attacker, he should be guaranteeing you 30 goals or 20 assists, he doesn’t guarantee you that.

If he was that good, city or Chelsea would have bought him already. City paid 60 for mahrez, so obviously pep doesn’t think he’s good enough to fit in with city’s style.

We went Chelsea tho are we? The difference in between us and Chelsea is far greater than us and palace . Your description of him , winning pens, causing problems etc is literally what DCL does although in a different style. Also Didn’t ferguson sign him ? So he has worked with probably the best manager ever in the British game.

Zaha is better than Bernard on current form and Arnau has the same stats as ricco this season.

But richarlison is just 21, he'll be getting better each year. Let's face it, none of those other two would be starting for Brazil. I know he'll have better stats, but arnautovic wouldn't improve us anymore than tosun has. Just my opinion, he does go through these purple patches but I just see it as another signing that would keep us 7th as opposed to make us stronger.

Zaha has 43 goals and assists in 153 games. He's yet to reach double figures for a season and the whole club is set up to pass to him all the time. He's got pretty much no experience of playing in Europe, not won trophies, not much international experience of Big games. I mean, there's nothing close there too a £70m player, I just get the same vibes as Bolasie. Obviously he's better and wouldn't be ss bad, but I think we can do so much better for that kind of price.

...not aware of any links to Zaha so presume somebody sees it as an aspirational signing. Like others, i’m not keen. He’s what I call a complicated footballer, in that he gets his head down and takes defenders on but not always with a purpose. He doesn’t get on the end of chances when he hasn’t got the football (which is a major requirement when you’re paying big bucks for an attacker).

I’d be very surprised if Silva wanted Zaha.

I’m not a fan of Zaha, I think he’s a good player, but overrated.
He does keep the ball well and is strong, wins free kicks.

But when your paying 70mil for an attacker, he should be guaranteeing you 30 goals or 20 assists, he doesn’t guarantee you that.

If he was that good, city or Chelsea would have bought him already. City paid 60 for mahrez, so obviously pep doesn’t think he’s good enough to fit in with city’s style.

I definitely would want a better quality of player for the sort of money Palace want I agree, however if we went in for him I wouldn't be unhappy as I think he is an upgrade on Walcott.

Lozano is still my dream signing but cant see us going in for him.

Zaha has 43 goals and assists in 153 games. He's yet to reach double figures for a season and the whole club is set up to pass to him all the time. He's got pretty much no experience of playing in Europe, not won trophies, not much international experience of Big games. I mean, there's nothing close there too a £70m player, I just get the same vibes as Bolasie. Obviously he's better and wouldn't be ss bad, but I think we can do so much better for that kind of price.

..I agree with the Bolasie comparison. Zaha is better but I call them both ‘complicated’ in that you have no idea what they are going to do.

We wont be going for Zaha, Arnautovic or any other over priced prem player. I fully expect Brands and Silva to bring in more boss South American players from elsewhere.

Zaha should have more end-product as it is even for Palace. Yes they play restricted football but at the fees being suggested he should have the talent to contribute more individually. He doesn't have or do. He is more "ex Man Utd" than Palace even still, such is the way football is now.

I have seen nothing to suggest we are interested in him and don't see why we would be.

Another "premium" value domestic player probably with another premium on top, under the "Who do Everton think they are?" category if we were interested in him.

Not worth it and reminiscent of the pin the tail on the donkey approach under Koeman and Walsh.

Zaha is a massive bag of arse. He’s an improved version of bolasie but doesn’t have 1/100th the technique of someone like Bernard or Richarlison.

It’s ok looking all dandy with his flicks and step overs, but playing in a top side requires more

Massively overhyped and he a diving rat
So, I presume that would be a no for Zaha then.

Do you know what I like about Bolasie though? I have literally no idea if he is still at the club or elsewhere? Is he injured or not? l assume he is on loan somewhere.... but where I have no idea.

So, I presume that would be a no for Zaha then.

Do you know what I like about Bolasie though? I have literally no idea if he is still at the club or elsewhere? Is he injured or not? l assume he is on loan somewhere.... but where I have no idea.

The Manager who signed him on loan has since been sacked..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back