Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Manager who signed him on loan has since been sacked..
I had to go back to page 5 of the forum to find out he is still with us for 2 more seasons after this, and at loan and not playing at Villa. It's like the Bermuda Triangle is following him around. On one hand, I feel sorry that he is being shunted around with no love for him, but on the other, he must be on a huge wedge and should be sorted for life - I'd take that 5 year deal if it were offered to me I suppose.

How can you move him on in January or Summer? No idea. Perhaps Palace would have him back as a makeweight for someone - I'm thinking they must have a decent eagle mascot guy we could use or something.

I can see us potentially going for Gabriel Barbosa (aka Gabigol) from Inter.

He fits the model of a high potential, young (22) player who has had a move that didn't work out.

We've been linked before and, according to Italian reports, Inter will let him go for £20m.

Plays either up front or wide right in a front 3.

Very skillful and powerful player. Reminds me of Adriano.

I had to go back to page 5 of the forum to find out he is still with us for 2 more seasons after this, and at loan and not playing at Villa. It's like the Bermuda Triangle is following him around. On one hand, I feel sorry that he is being shunted around with no love for him, but on the other, he must be on a huge wedge and should be sorted for life - I'd take that 5 year deal if it were offered to me I suppose.

How can you move him on in January or Summer? No idea. Perhaps Palace would have him back as a makeweight for someone - I'm thinking they must have a decent eagle mascot guy we could use or something.

He's going to be the player we've made a biggest loss on when his contract ends. No one is going to pay any sustantial money for, especially when you see he's not even starting for a struggling Villa team.

The thing with Bolasie is he's not terrible, yeah he wasn't good enough for us, but he's still a lower to mid table prem player. Maybe a tad worse now after the injury, but he's gone to the championship and not starting. Why do all our players seem to get worse even they go on loan? Lookman and maybe Vlasic being the only exceptions.

I'd like us to know why.

I can see us potentially going for Gabriel Barbosa (aka Gabigol) from Inter.

He fits the model of a high potential, young (22) player who has had a move that didn't work out.

We've been linked before and, according to Italian reports, Inter will let him go for £20m.

Plays either up front or wide right in a front 3.

Very skillful and powerful player. Reminds me of Adriano.

Loan to buy would be perfect. Spending over £20m would be very risky due to his previous struggles when playing outside of Brazil.

How many world class strikers are there? Strikers who can guarantee 20+ goals a season or really atanf out. There’s very few. I’m trying to work out who I’d like to see us go for who would be attainable.

In the premiership there’s Aguero, Kane, Salah (I’d class him as a striker), Kane, Lukaku, lacazette (great finisher), aubameyang - any others?
Abroad then Icardi, cavani, mbappe, neymar, Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, lewandowski.

I think we’ll be surprised just how good Richarlison turns out from playing there more. The very top strikers are hard to find.

Zaha would be great for us

Wouldn't want us to spend more than 50 on him though, and they'd want 60+

The thing with Bolasie is he's not terrible, yeah he wasn't good enough for us, but he's still a lower to mid table prem player. Maybe a tad worse now after the injury, but he's gone to the championship and not starting. Why do all our players seem to get worse even they go on loan? Lookman and maybe Vlasic being the only exceptions.

I'd like us to know why.

They haven’t, they were beyond abysmal here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back