Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much like the summer the media will have absolutey no idea who we are after until it actually starts happening. I for one enjoy this new Everton because we don’t all get a sad on when we get gazzumped for a dog turd player like Moussa Sissoko at the end of deadline day.

..absolutely, Bri. Old traditional wingers of the Dave Thomas would go on the outside of fullbacks, hit the bye line and cross but the trend now is to cut inside.

I suppose the crossing aspect of the game is lots to do with attacking full backs getting beyond their opposite number.
I realise that eggs but you still can’t beat the sight of a speedy winger knocking the ball past the fullback getting to the byeline and hitting the ball on the fly
As a winger I had limited technical skills , but I was blessed with blistering pace ( especially off the mark and over 30/40 yards) and a good smack of a ball
At a younger age I scored many goals from the wing by hitting a strong shot over a small goalkeeper in a full sized goal
No small 7 a side pitched back then
Even st 10 yrs of age we played on full sized pitches
I played representative football for the league for a good few yrs due to my pace
I’d have been pretty poor playing in any other position
As my manager used to say
You can play 2 positions , outside right or right outside ( the dressing room )

Its hard to say how good he is as he has 2-3 players on him every game as Palace have no other decent attacking player yet he still manages to dances around them in most instances.

Having someone like him and his pace will win us 3+ penalties a season you would imagine, he would also create space for the likes of Siggurdsson and Richarlison to move in to and with less players able to mark him than they do at present you would assume he would add more goals to his game.

I fancy Spurs to nab him but I would love us to make a move.

Lozano is the one...or Brandt...or Zivkovic...or a Brands special.

£60mil buys a top class player.

Zaha is a top class player. He wouldn’t look out of place in any side apart from maybe City. He’s also proven in the league.

Zivkovic could turn out to be great or he could be another Markovic.

I definitely think Brands will look elswhere as I doubt he'll fork out what Palace would want for him.

I rate Lozano but just cant see it happening. I would love Zaha for his sheer pace and trickery on the ball - Richarlison, Zaha, Digne and hopefully an upgrade at RB with pace we would be fantastic on the counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back