Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
The top sides have quality all over but the defence is the platform to build from.

Would Wenger had achieved so much success at Arsenal without the solid defence and keeper he inherited?

Could Juve and Bayern have dominated Italy and Germany for so long with a weaker defence which are now coming to the end of its cycles?

Fergusons United sides had amazing midfields but the defences were always top class...they struggled abit between Schmeichel and Van Der Sar and then as De Gea was bedding in.

The famous Italian sides always did well through their defences and keepers...

Currently id say we have;

Pickford
Digne
Mina (potentially)
Coleman (if he gets back to his old form)

Were not far off having a top defence with a couple of signings from Brands.
It's what Moyes did right. Jags and Distin and Baines were right up there with the best.

I still would go all out for Zaha either in Janaury or the summer. I feel like he is the sort of player who like Sterling if coached correctly and by a top manager could add goals to his game.

Zaha Siggurdsson Richarlison

???
That front midfield 3 would cause problems for any defence - add a top quality centre forward and you have a very good front 4 imo.

I still would go all out for Zaha either in Janaury or the summer. I feel like he is the sort of player who like Sterling if coached correctly and by a top manager could add goals to his game.

???
That front midfield 3 would cause problems for any defence - add a top quality centre forward and you have a very good front 4 imo.

Zaha? He'd be £60mil...can sign better for cheaper

???

Zaha is fantastic. I agree he’d take us on another level. Can’t see us getting him though - combination of fee and other teams being in for him if he was available.

Did a quick search of players who run out of contract at the end of 2019.

Some interesting names

Contact ends 2018/19
I find it hard to believe some of those players are out of contract in the summer
A lot will have options for one more year
I know Zouma signed a 6 year deal in 2017 so there are probably a lot of other errors on that list or it’s way out of date
There are a lot of names I’d jump at
James , Higuain , Mata Fabregas plus a couple of CB and RW
However I think the list is out of date and not s lot would come here
Higuain if he is out of contract would be a statement signing

That list has included players who are on loan as their contracts with their loan clubs are up in the summer. Not their parent clubs, I think.

Diego Lainez is apparently the next big Mexican star. Wonder if Brands has him on his hit list

He'll know all the upcoming players from the region.

Snag is that they need work permits which means top 15% transfer fee for the window or international caps and he only has 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back