Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doucoure is 26 and is a box to box midfielder who scores goals, he will go for 40 maybe 50 at a push. No way in a million years gana is worth the same. To be honest it wouldn’t bother me if we didn’t get a replacement in January. Brands is here to make long term decisions, not selling gana for over 30mil is short term thinking

We don’t need that £27m. We need Gana.

If we are gonna to get rid there are McCarthy and Schneiderlin. Pretty sure we won’t get an adequate replacement with 17 days left in the window.

If Psg want gana we stick to 45 million. He's avalailable to play champions league for them which is a big plus. Come summer I don't think they will want him so charge a premium for him now.

Psg won’t pay £45m. Think they are not allowed to spend more than £25m this window right?

I want us to get maximum points in the remaining games so having the idea of playing Davies instead is out of the question.

100%, Inaki Williams is kind of the profile of striker we should be looking at.

Quick, strong, versatile.

He's not a striker who would get 20 a season I don't think, but he does hit double figures.

Now, he's on a seven-year deal at Athletic Bilbao, so perhaps not him, but that's the template that we need I reckon. Someone that can bring what Richarlison brings, but more of a striker's instinct.

Daily Mail day PSG are willing to pay £30m for Gana. I’d take it.

And replace him with who?

I'm the first to say I don't think he had his best game yesterday, and we need someone who can bring a bit more offensive ability while bringing some defensive solidity as well. In most likelihood, that player wouldn't be available in January, and the best ones of that type (Ndombele, Doucoure) won't be coming to a mid-table side, especially if (in Ndombele's case) they are already at a CL side or, in Doucoure's case, he's already at a mid-table side :)

100%, Inaki Williams is kind of the profile of striker we should be looking at.

Quick, strong, versatile.

He's not a striker who would get 20 a season I don't think, but he does hit double figures.

Now, he's on a seven-year deal at Athletic Bilbao, so perhaps not him, but that's the template that we need I reckon. Someone that can bring what Richarlison brings, but more of a striker's instinct.

Could you imagine the fee they'd demand for him?

With their restrictions on signings and the position they have in the league, he would cost astronomical amounts. Probably his release clause.

Reports today that Gana has already spoken to the PSG manager and is looking for a property in Paris. If we did this we would be accused of "Tapping Up" players and "Ruining the Transfer Window".
I am not that bothered if he goes as long as we get a replacement in and we get a good price for him, its just the hypocrisy of it that astounds me

According to BBC gossip, Star have us being told that it will cost £75m to sign Tanguy Ndombele from Lyon

So not happening then ....... and, of course, City are looking at him too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back