Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
That could be interpreted in a couple of ways.....we are skint.... or we need to sell players before we buy.
Or we don’t want to back him with hundreds of millions until they see some consistency in results. In case they sack him in 6 months and have to start over a la Koeman?

Yep so we have to sell some players before we can buy some whatever the reasons are.
Technically you are correct. But "sell to buy" traditionally implies we have to sell our best players to raise funds to buy any new players. We are definitely not in that place now.

But I guess you already know that so not sure why you're labouring the point.

Everything that's happened at the club over the last 3 years has happened with moshiris say so.

Endless wastes of money on poor players, endless terrible choices of management.

Now he's reining the money in.

Awful.

OR! The mistakes the last director of football which Moshiri mistakenly put his faith in is prohibiting us and until those mistakes are shipped out we haven’t the room in the squad ,Kenwright once took Everton through 5 transfer windows without spending one penny on a player transfer

Amazingly people want to have a pop at Moshiri for doing something we have demanded since the Premier League was formed, BACK THE MANAGERS WITH MONEY.
But it's not just that though, Moshiri has picked managers (who did'nt want to come here) and now a manager who it's debatable as to what his skill level actually is, picked players not suited to here (Tosun) He smacks of someone who is totally out of his depth at times, there was a reason he was not involved in any of the serious stuff at Arsenal and i think we are seeing it here. I know we have Brands now to deal with the football stuff but if we can't get rid of some of this dross within the squad we are going to be stuck with them for a few years and i just don't see our fickle fanbase putting up with that tbh.

But it's not just that though, Moshiri has picked managers (who did'nt want to come here) and now a manager who it's debatable as to what his skill level actually is, picked players not suited to here (Tosun) He smacks of someone who is totally out of his depth at times, there was a reason he was not involved in any of the serious stuff at Arsenal and i think we are seeing it here. I know we have Brands now to deal with the football stuff but if we can't get rid of some of this dross within the squad we are going to be stuck with them for a few years and i just don't see our fickle fanbase putting up with that tbh.

Your last bit makes no sense whatsoever Simon. Your basically saying that if Everton are unable to sell players, like literally can't sell them or give them away then we as fans won't put up with that because we are too fickle?

What's the plan then mate, crash into the dressing room, kidnap Morgan and shove him in a dinghy and hope the tide takes him back to France yeah?
There you go Farhad lad, that's one off the books for ya

Who’s been our best signing since Moshiri took over?

Digne, for 15mil. Most people would have wanted us to sign Teirney from Celtic for 25mil instead.

The mentality at the club should be the right players at the right price. Not, we need to spend big money.

Spurs haven’t spent big money, look at them.

Also, it will be Brands himself making the decision not to sign anyone.
Spurs have benefitted from hitting lucky with Harry Kane and are building the most expensive stadium in the country.

Why not look at City?

Chelsea and Man City have been the most successful clubs in the past 10 years, not through skimping. You either spend big, or 99/100 get nothing.

In the last year, Liverpool have bought the most expensive defender and the most expensive goalkeeper, they’re about to win the league.

Your last bit makes no sense whatsoever Simon. Your basically saying that if Everton are unable to sell players, like literally can't sell them or give them away then we as fans won't put up with that because we are too fickle?

What's the plan then mate, crash into the dressing room, kidnap Morgan and shove him in a dinghy and hope the tide takes him back to France yeah?
There you go Farhad lad, that's one off the books for ya
no i think we should come to mutal agreements with each player and pay them off, otherwise we will be stuck with the likes of super kev and williams and morgan. The wage bill is killing us at the moment, im sure we would be in the market now if it was'nt for that, but we have to get it down by £30m per year or something like that.

Expected nothing anyway so no disappointment.

You new around here?

giphy.gif

Well i have heard slightly different, but you maybe correct, was seen as a bit of a joke figure by all accounts

Well him and his mate owned 30%, but never had a seat on the board, and their open letter to supporters was totally ignored by Kronke.

That said, I had never heard of him till he pitched up here, so may be he is a plank. No idea me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back