Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken wright isn't he benchmark though. Just because he's been dreadful in the past doesn't give moshiri carte blanche to be slightly less bad.

Yeah this is true, but in the same breath if you thought it was appropriate to let Kenwright basically ruin this club you can’t be slagging off Moshiri imo.

Ken wright isn't he benchmark though. Just because he's been dreadful in the past doesn't give moshiri carte blanche to be slightly less bad.

How can you say that,he’s tried to get this club forward moving ,we have the stadium on its way he’s smashed our transfer record I don’t know how many times ,all his actions have been to get Everton up the table competing he’s just been badly advised on some of these decisions

How can you say that,he’s tried to get this club forward moving ,we have the stadium on its way he’s smashed our transfer record I don’t know how many times ,all his actions have been to get Everton up the table competing he’s just been badly advised on some of these decisions

Badly advised ? This is a man who's been involved supposedly in Premier league football for years! at Arsenal then here.

He came here because he clearly felt he knew how to run a club, to prove something.

Who did he think should be his advisor? krusty the clown?

He chose the Koeman and Walsh axis of terrible

I would guess it would be daft from a balance sheet point of view as well. As in, instant loss versus the contract being spread over time. There is a long word beginning with A that I cant spell for that.

Plus, we pay Morgan off for £12m, then as sure as night follows day, he signs for *random club* with a few bob as a signing fee, plus say a pitiful £50k pw.

Everton = Mugs.

Is it amortisation or something mate as I've seen people mention this previously.

And yep you know thats exactly what would happen, we pay him off for 10m, he then signs for a club with a nice big 5m signing on fee and 50k a week and everyone's like "weren't Everton mugs for not holding out and getting a fee"

Given loads? Wolves, Fulham and West Ham outspent us.
Wolves did not outspend us.

Beyond that, two of those team just got promoted and increased their revenues by a mile and BETTER have spent that much.

Keep in mind, West Ham was gifted a stadium, and they STILL have a market value 130M LOWER than us.

And honestly WHO CARES? If West Ham wants to spend 100M on players with minimal returns, fine.

Would you trade situations with any of them?

Cenk, Morgan, McCarthy, Oumar, Galloway, Browning, Besic, Bolasie, Mirallas, Sandro, all with minimal benefit to the team.

We also have a ton of young players with good and increasing market value. Brands just needs time to clean up the wages to better support future investment.

Wolves did not outspend us.

Beyond that, two of those team just got promoted and increased their revenues by a mile and BETTER have spent that much.

Keep in mind, West Ham was gifted a stadium, and they STILL have a market value 130M LOWER than us.

And honestly WHO CARES? If West Ham wants to spend 100M on players with minimal returns, fine.

Would you trade situations with any of them?

Cenk, Morgan, McCarthy, Oumar, Galloway, Browning, Besic, Bolasie, Mirallas, Sandro, all with minimal benefit to the team.

We also have a ton of young players with good and increasing market value. Brands just needs time to clean up the wages to better support future investment.
West Ham have already smashed us at home, are above us in the table and have a team that are comparable to ours. You seem to be thinking we're a million miles from them.

Is it amortisation or something mate as I've seen people mention this previously.

And yep you know thats exactly what would happen, we pay him off for 10m, he then signs for a club with a nice big 5m signing on fee and 50k a week and everyone's like "weren't Everton mugs for not holding out and getting a fee"

Knowing us, he then has 3 decent games for Fulham and we buy the tit back again.

Morgan 120k a week
Tosun 100k a week
Mccarthy 50k a week
Oumar 60k a week

Literally the above players are contributing zilch and theirs 300k a week down the pan and that's not even with the following

Ramirez 100k a week
Bolasie 70k a week
Mirallas 70k a week

And there's more

We have simply got to shift some of these players off the books wage wise or sale wise because we aren't the kind of club who can have 6/7 players on 60+k a week doing nothing

It makes sense to trim the squad. It has to be done whether we like it or not and your a fool if you don't see this needing to be done.

I don't care if you call it sell to buy, rent to let, lend and get into debt blah blah we can't have players on 100k a week not contributing to the team/squad.

Get rid of the crap and then we can rebuild this mess of a squad with the right people in charge ( Brands) for once.

1547749372600.webp

I think Brands has done a very decent job so far in reducing the wage bill and loaning out players.

These are rough figures but should not be far away from reality.

15 mill in wages from sold players. But the potential to reduce up to 42 mill in wages for another 18 players.

Still a big job on his hands. I would also expect us to want around 6 new players in for the next 2 windows.

So we need to get rid of the big earners and see how much we can recoup in transfers fees along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back