Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morgan 120k a week
Tosun 100k a week
Mccarthy 50k a week
Oumar 60k a week

Literally the above players are contributing zilch and theirs 300k a week down the pan and that's not even with the following

Ramirez 100k a week
Bolasie 70k a week
Mirallas 70k a week

And there's more

We have simply got to shift some of these players off the books wage wise or sale wise because we aren't the kind of club who can have 6/7 players on 60+k a week doing nothing

It makes sense to trim the squad. It has to be done whether we like it or not and your a fool if you don't see this needing to be done.

I don't care if you call it sell to buy, rent to let, lend and get into debt blah blah we can't have players on 100k a week not contributing to the team/squad.

Get rid of the crap and then we can rebuild this mess of a squad with the right people in charge ( Brands) for once.

Presumably we aren't paying full wages for those on loan?

Well him and his mate owned 30%, but never had a seat on the board, and their open letter to supporters was totally ignored by Kronke.

That said, I had never heard of him till he pitched up here, so may be he is a plank. No idea me.
I have a family member who is quite involved with Arsenal and was basically in charge of the redevelopment at Highbury, all i know is that nobody ever took him very seriously because it was always fairly obvious he knew little about football or how a football club/team worked.

I have a family member who is quite involved with Arsenal and was basically in charge of the redevelopment at Highbury, all i know is that nobody ever took him very seriously because it was always fairly obvious he knew little about football or how a football club/team worked.

LOL

Yeah, thats what it was, it had nothing to do with The Yank wanting full control.

Come on mate.

no i think we should come to mutal agreements with each player and pay them off, otherwise we will be stuck with the likes of super kev and williams and morgan. The wage bill is killing us at the moment, im sure we would be in the market now if it was'nt for that, but we have to get it down by £30m per year or something like that.

But take some like Morgan who has 2 years left so that would be him entitled to 12m which is the remainder of his contract plus no transfer fee.

Surely it's best to see what Brands and Silva can do first, sell them/intergrate them back into squad or loan them out if we can't sort Sales out.

We simply can't just pay off 6/7 members of the squad on massive wages, it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever to do that.

I wasnt aware that he had any involvement at all in actually running Arsenal. Or even being asked for his opinion.

Your family member could perhaps shed some light.

Morgan 120k a week
Tosun 100k a week
Mccarthy 50k a week
Oumar 60k a week

Literally the above players are contributing zilch and theirs 300k a week down the pan and that's not even with the following

Ramirez 100k a week
Bolasie 70k a week
Mirallas 70k a week

And there's more

We have simply got to shift some of these players off the books wage wise or sale wise because we aren't the kind of club who can have 6/7 players on 60+k a week doing nothing

It makes sense to trim the squad. It has to be done whether we like it or not and your a fool if you don't see this needing to be done.

I don't care if you call it sell to buy, rent to let, lend and get into debt blah blah we can't have players on 100k a week not contributing to the team/squad.

Get rid of the crap and then we can rebuild this mess of a squad with the right people in charge ( Brands) for once.
Well said

LOL

Yeah, thats what it was, it had nothing to do with The Yank wanting full control.

Come on mate.
Of course he wanted full control, i know that, so he can use it for his personal bank for the LA Rams. I was only saying that whilst at Arsenal, Moshiri was not taken very seriously from what i had heard. Stan Kronke was never going to sell to Usmanov, i can't believe Usmanov did'nt see that from day one, you only needed to see how rubbish the teams in Kronkes sports portfolio were, other than Arsenal which was a massive cash cow and could keep everything else going and still have change left over to keep Wenger happy.

I wasnt aware that he had any involvement at all in actually running Arsenal. Or even being asked for his opinion.

Your family member could perhaps shed some light.
Im not sure what he did tbh, but i know he was around a lot, and he was involved somewhat with the redevelopment stuff and funding and that side of things.

OR! The mistakes the last director of football which Moshiri mistakenly put his faith in is prohibiting us and until those mistakes are shipped out we haven’t the room in the squad ,Kenwright once took Everton through 5 transfer windows without spending one penny on a player transfer

Ken wright isn't he benchmark though. Just because he's been dreadful in the past doesn't give moshiri carte blanche to be slightly less bad.

But take some like Morgan who has 2 years left so that would be him entitled to 12m which is the remainder of his contract plus no transfer fee.

Surely it's best to see what Brands and Silva can do first, sell them/intergrate them back into squad or loan them out if we can't sort Sales out.

We simply can't just pay off 6/7 members of the squad on massive wages, it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever to do that.

I would guess it would be daft from a balance sheet point of view as well. As in, instant loss versus the contract being spread over time. There is a long word beginning with A that I cant spell for that.

Plus, we pay Morgan off for £12m, then as sure as night follows day, he signs for *random club* with a few bob as a signing fee, plus say a pitiful £50k pw.

Everton = Mugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back