Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 53120

I think Brands has done a very decent job so far in reducing the wage bill and loaning out players.

These are rough figures but should not be far away from reality.

15 mill in wages from sold players. But the potential to reduce up to 42 mill in wages for another 18 players.

Still a big job on his hands. I would also expect us to want around 6 new players in for the next 2 windows.

So we need to get rid of the big earners and see how much we can recoup in transfers fees along the way.

Yeah mate I think hes done well to shift what he has so far. Obviously we would live to be able to flog them permanently but it doesn't work like that when we have players on huge contracts they just aren't attractive signings when they've under performed.

I think it could take this window plus the summer AND next Januarys window to finally get rid of all the tosh in the squad so it's a massive part of the job for him.

Badly advised ? This is a man who's been involved supposedly in Premier league football for years! at Arsenal then here.

He came here because he clearly felt he knew how to run a club, to prove something.

Who did he think should be his advisor? krusty the clown?

I’m watchinf a man who’s trying to get Everton competing ,for 15 years I watched a man rip the very heart and soul from this club feeding it hand to mouth ,begging the banks not to close us up...great days hey

Spurs have benefitted from hitting lucky with Harry Kane and are building the most expensive stadium in the country.

Why not look at City?

Chelsea and Man City have been the most successful clubs in the past 10 years, not through skimping. You either spend big, or 99/100 get nothing.

In the last year, Liverpool have bought the most expensive defender and the most expensive goalkeeper, they’re about to win the league.
No they are not

But it's not just that though, Moshiri has picked managers (who did'nt want to come here) and now a manager who it's debatable as to what his skill level actually is, picked players not suited to here (Tosun) He smacks of someone who is totally out of his depth at times, there was a reason he was not involved in any of the serious stuff at Arsenal and i think we are seeing it here. I know we have Brands now to deal with the football stuff but if we can't get rid of some of this dross within the squad we are going to be stuck with them for a few years and i just don't see our fickle fanbase putting up with that tbh.
What is his job description here? Scout?
Manager? Director? Or financial majority owner of the team? Kennright and the rest of the board are just as much to blame then if Moshiri is to be blamed for the selections made.

It was largely the fault of Walsh, Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce, and the scouting staff that some how saw a shread of value in these players and convinced Moshiri that it was worth his money to spend big on these players.

Again it’s not his job description to scout each player individually before making a decision or hiring an outside source to make a second scouting report for him. And why would the club hire those in charge of finding these players, assessing their worth to the club, and ultimately request funds to buy these players if he did have to privately hire someone else outside the club every time?

Just complete laziness to go after Moshiri for the problems the club are having right now.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back