Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seems to me it’s 70% not being able to get rid of the utter crap we have and 30% the board not backing the manager. I’m happy with both tbh
I don't perceive it like that if I am entire honest, yet rather the club following a more prudent approach during the January window - unlike previously.

Yes we're short of a capable striker however as long as we are safe, which I think we are, then I can't see Brands purchasing a player he may no truly want.

Nor can I see us over paying for a player we really want if they're available in the summer for a more sensible price or when it would suit our finances better.

Ultimately however, I think we all know that the 70% is the major point: we still have an unnecessarily large first team squad awash with overpaid dross.

Until we actually remove some of these players with their wages, alongside bringing some money into the kitty, I can't see the club delving into the market.

Is a loan for Bathsuayi out of the question, after all that is what Monaco are offering.
It would give us a striker and a chance to see how the player performs.
We have loaned out Niasse so there may not be a huge net cost.
8A6952B5-003E-4500-A2AB-C08F159E8284.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back