Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva should keep his trap shut really.

He has a squad of players, he should work with what hes got.
There are always options, even without serious money to spend, but there doesn't seem to be much imagination at the club when it comes to transfers.

I'd have had Nasri on a short-term deal, and I'd take Drinkwater on loan, too. I don't really expect anything to happen this month, though.

I don’t know why they’d bother signing someone just for the rest of the season. Leave it until summer, get time to work on what the squad needs and which players won’t fit then sign all the good ones in Summer and win the league

So we are stubbornly sticking to the formula of no striker then?

I suppose strikers are old fashioned and all they do is get you goals - ship'em all out and show the rest what they're missing!

So we are stubbornly sticking to the formula of no striker then?

I suppose strikers are old fashioned and all they do is get you goals - ship'em all out and show the rest what they're missing!

It's not stubbornness stopping us, if at all (still thinking everyone calling a bluff here), it's finding buyers for the wasted dross to clear off the wage bill that's the issue

Gana’s passes were 10yards at most. If you can’t make that pass 9/10 times as a professional you don’t deserve the title and 4 of Southmptons most dangerous counters started because Gana was out of position or came flying out and was easily passed around. You can site stats all you want but he has no impact in the attack and isn’t a stay home def mid which Gomes desperately needs.
You guys are nuts. First of all, he passes it forwards. That's already been proven based on the opta stats on the matter. Second of all, we site a bunch of guys that can pass, but aren't playing on this team, in this setup. But now Gana is suddenly playing CM and supposed to be doing what Gomes is doing.

He had 9 tackles. 2 interceptions. The idea that he's getting passed around is just silly. Then who DID stop their attacks? Gomes didn't have a single tackle or interception.

There are always options, even without serious money to spend, but there doesn't seem to be much imagination at the club when it comes to transfers.

I'd have had Nasri on a short-term deal, and I'd take Drinkwater on loan, too. I don't really expect anything to happen this month, though.

Short term gains arent really what we need, its short term thinking that leaves us with a massive wage bill and still paying the wages of 3 Managers.

We need long term thinking.

I get that people want us to win some more games this season, I get that they want us to win the FA Cup, but we need to start thinking about the marathon, no more sprints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back