Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have players who will get us to about 14th in the table this year (I see Bournemouth , brighton and Southampton better than us)

we also have a manager that only knows how to get to 14th in the table.

the club is currently showing zero ambition to make any of this any better

we better just get used to watching and supporting a 14th placed premier league team.

its that simple
We won't finish below 11th /12th in my view. Still crap but...

We have a squad good enough to finish 7th,they need to up their game rather than needing signings. Brands did most of the ground work to set us up for a bright future in the summer, we just need to add 2 or 3 proper quality players in the next two windows (not including this one).

You lot are all crying because we lost again and want Brands to rip up his plan and continually buy loads and loads of players. We won't get anywhere like that, we need a bit of stability now, get this squad to familiarise with each other and gradually build. This window was all about getting rid of deadwood and at best getting Backup striker or centre mid.

It's not going to happen, and if It will, crying in here every five minutes won't make a blind bit of difference.

...maybe if they are Messi & Mbappe.

Inappropriate Language
To be where we are in the table with a squad containing (ignore their performances based on tactics from this clown) Pickford, Mina, Gueye, Gomes, Walcott, Bernard, Sigurdsson, Digne, Richarlison is simply criminal. Watford must be pissing their kin pants watching us underperform so very badly.

You’re obviously not watching the games. Plain and simple.

Yes Gana passes it forward but none of his passes were 1) beyond the first man and 2) more than 10 yards in any direction. If you’re a professional footballer those passes should be a 100% given. The fact that he has to dump it off to Gomes Digne or Coleman everytime shows how low his confidence is in playing a slightly more difficult pass. He’s lack of vision and inability to find the second man makes him THE most predictable player on our team when he has the ball and it showes in games because team that press are stepping up everytime he touches the ball and he might not lose possession but whoever he dumps it off to will.

In the game yesterday there were 2 occasions that he was in the middle of the field and picked to ball up with no pressure and saw Coleman outside wide open. Instead of 1 touch for a 20-30 yard pass to a player with no defender near him for at least 10 yards Gana decide to take 2 touches towards Coleman then pass it off. He completed the pass, it was forward, but by then Coleman was under pressure and was dispossessed immediately. Gana then continued to recklessly bolt towards the player with the ball where he calmly passed it around him and left him in the dust.

We had the ball 61% of the time. If there were a relatively a smaller number of tackles for the team that is expected. Gana supplied 9/21 tackles on the day for the team which yes is important but that CANNOT be the only aspect of his game. I’m sure over half of those he wasn’t the last person back. Keane (who was on his side of the field) had 2 tackles in the game and am positive he knows how to throw a boot in.

I just ask you watch him play with a critical eye and you will see that his tackling and interceptions are the only aspect of his game that is premier league level. You can quote stats that look nice and suit your narrative but watching him play week in and week out shows the complete story.
Like I said before, I watch the matches and I know what I'm looking it. I'm look at a team that makes bad decisions with the ball. I see a team that cannot defend in space. I see a team that cannot make a killer pass. That stats HAPPEN to show that as well.

So to me, Gana makes decent decisions with the ball. He doesn't give it away. He wins the ball and gives it to a teammate. That's his job and I'm fine with it. I don't care that he's not a dynamic passer. He does pass it downfield at times, but not often, and I'm fine with it. Because that's his role and it plays it well.

Look, I would LOVE to have a DM that was more dynamic. But when your other players can't keep the ball, it REQUIRES a player like Gana.

I just find it hilarious that the one guy that does his job well, so many have a problem with him. Especially when he works his tail off.

Like I said before, I watch the matches and I know what I'm looking it. I'm look at a team that makes bad decisions with the ball. I see a team that cannot defend in space. I see a team that cannot make a killer pass. That stats HAPPEN to show that as well.

So to me, Gana makes decent decisions with the ball. He doesn't give it away. He wins the ball and gives it to a teammate. That's his job and I'm fine with it. I don't care that he's not a dynamic passer. He does pass it downfield at times, but not often, and I'm fine with it. Because that's his role and it plays it well.

Look, I would LOVE to have a DM that was more dynamic. But when your other players can't keep the ball, it REQUIRES a player like Gana.

I just find it hilarious that the one guy that does his job well, so many have a problem with him. Especially when he works his tail off.

This paragraph tells me you don't watch the match.

No body is questioning gana's defensive acumen or ability but to say he doesn't give the ball away is insane!

....it’s the 21st day of the January transfer window, so the end is in sight. There’s very little Toffee transfer rumours to bring you this Monday morning;

- Speaking to the Liverpool Echo, Everton Manager, Marco Silva, ruled out a January exit for midfielder Idrissa Gueye amid speculation that PSG are interested in the 29 year old. Silva admitted talking to the Senegalese international: “I think he heard and I think he read. It is something I can tell you that I spoke with him about, for him to be focused on his job. I hope the things people are talking about don’t disturb him.”

- According to Sports Mole website, Everton will launch a £40m move for Chelsea’s 25 year old striker, Michy Batshuayi, this week.

- The Mirror report Everton want West Brom’s Head of Academy Recruitement, Steve Hopcroft.

Can we not get Nikola Vlasic back off his season long lone? He is playing well for CSKA and we could do with his confidence rubbing off on the rest of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back