Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besic without the craziness.

The big positive I can see is that he plays with his head up. Totally different player to Gana and, dare I say, at least a level below.

Would he fit better into the system Silva wants to employ though?

He looks assured in possession, very good passer and looks to have an ability to dribble up the pitch. How he transfers his strengths to this league I don’t know. Any idea how much they are after for him or is it just wishful thinking?

He looks assured in possession, very good passer and looks to have an ability to dribble up the pitch. How he transfers his strengths to this league I don’t know. Any idea how much they are after for him or is it just wishful thinking?

He could turn out brilliant, but knowing our luck he’d be another Jordy Clasie.

No idea. I would imagine it would be at least £20m given his age and the fact he's now an established International at a decent level.

Technically good as you say, but he wouldn't get the same amount of time in the premier that he gets in la Liga or for his national team, so who knows how effective he would be in our league.

I just see him as a slightly better and less crazy Besic, and I think we need more than that to replace Gana if that's the intention.

No idea. I would imagine it would be at least £20m given his age and the fact he's now an established International at a decent level.

Technically good as you say, but he wouldn't get the same amount of time in the premier that he gets in la Liga or for his national team, so who knows how effective he would be in our league.

I just see him as a slightly better and less crazy Besic, and I think we need more than that to replace Gana if that's the intention.

I think he could be the new Jordy Clasie, should he come in. As you say different conditions in Spain - Time, space etc... He’s evidently settled there and adapted, but the way he plays can be really difficult to transfer to the Prem. Many great midfielders have failed before now - At £20m, it’s a big risk, but that’s how much at the least any replacement who is young and promising player would cost.

If Brands feels he can improve him, then good - but do we have the patience for such a signing to come in and grow? I think I do (wether it’s him or another young player), but most seem we can go out and buy the next Milinkovic-Savic for 10p and whoever comes in will rip up the league.

As we move forward, there’s going to be some transfers that don’t work out.

If Gana goes, what do people think is going to be the plan in replacing him. With playing style and what we need fitting in to what we have?

I think he could be the new Jordy Clasie, should he come in. As you say different conditions in Spain - Time, space etc... He’s evidently settled there and adapted, but the way he plays can be really difficult to transfer to the Prem. Many great midfielders have failed before now - At £20m, it’s a big risk, but that’s how much at the least any replacement who is young and promising player would cost.

If Brands feels he can improve him, then good - but do we have the patience for such a signing to come in and grow? I think I do (wether it’s him or another young player), but most seem we can go out and buy the next Milinkovic-Savic for 10p and whoever comes in will rip up the league.

As we move forward, there’s going to be some transfers that don’t work out.

If Gana goes, what do people think is going to be the plan in replacing him. With playing style and what we need fitting in to what we have?
You're right of course, because you can never be 100% sure with transfers, but we really can't afford for there to be many of them. There have been so many over the last few years that a continuation could genuinely have catastrophic consequences for us. Signing £20m+ players who turn out to be worth half of that needs to be consigned to the past, otherwise we're in serious trouble.

You're right of course, because you can never be 100% sure with transfers, but we really can't afford for there to be many of them. There have been so many over the last few years that a continuation could genuinely have catastrophic consequences for us. Signing £20m+ players who turn out to be worth half of that needs to be consigned to the past, otherwise we're in serious trouble.

Exactly mate, I’m scared of us spending now. The risks involved in any deal are magnified given how many errors have been made.

Brands has done well, but is human and when/if he makes a mistake the fans will turn on him. You’ve already got the likes of Davek lining up to attack him with a pie chart.

That being said, Brands appears to be stern when it comes to his negotiations - he has a plan, the Mina deal saw him stick to his guns when Walsh before him would cave in and keep upping the price a la Gylfi. We deserve a bit of luck with signings and hopefully Brands can sort it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back