Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly his goals and assists are lack luster. The ball happens to fall to his or his teammates feet consistently. Not saying he can’t slot one but he seems just as likely to score as Niasse did

Is this some kind of joke?????

Hes scored 13 goals and has 11 assists!!!!!

Not sure id agree with you there, anytime ive seen him hes been really good both offensively and defensively and ive seen him a bit. Dont get me wrong there is bags he can improve on and he doesn have the quality of a cross like Dinge, but the lad is a very talented player, making the PL look easy in his first year.

Think he would fit really well here, not that i think we will sign him, he will end up at City or one of the CL clubs.

The boy has 1 assist all season, defensively hes utterly amazing, but nobody needs a RB who can defend and not attack in 2019.

Is this some kind of joke?????

Hes scored 13 goals and has 11 assists!!!!!

The boy has 1 assist all season, defensively hes utterly amazing, but nobody needs a RB who can defend and not attack in 2019.

Hes playing for Palace though, the only team in the league with worse strikers then us to be fair to him.

I think hes pretty good offensively, hes brilliant on the overlap has a terrific engine, makes up serious yards, offer width, he can go to the line, but he can also attack centrally. He would be perfect for a high press, counter attack game.

I think its one of those tales were stats dont give the whole story to be honest.

Just my opinion mind.

Think the highlighted bit is the crux here. I think we need to give Brands (and Silva initially) the time to turn this club around, and I'm not convinced that our fans and, more importantly, the owner, will give him what he needs. Everybody is desperate for success and we want it now.

I actually thought that Moshiri talked more good sense than ever at the last AGM, and it's a sign that he's taking on board what Brands is preaching. I fully agree that bringing in younger promising players on lower wages is the way forward for us, but more so than established players they will need patience. However, despite what Mosh is saying now, our league position will always dictate decision making. It's a worry.

As regards Gana, it's a strange position we are in. What he does well, you could argue that nobody out there does it better, and there are probably at least a dozen games per year that we need that type of player in the team. But for the rest of the games we need somebody who brings more to the team than winning the ball back. In the ideal world we would have two defensive midfielders, of Gana's quality, that compliment each other, and we would rotate them depending upon who we are playing. However, in our present position and without European football, I doubt we could keep both players happy. So I suspect that Brands/Silva would opt for more of a passing/pivotal holding midfielder who would better compliment the system Silva would employ on a more regular basis.

Your worries are exactly my worries. There’s too much emphasis on the now - Not just us. The potential for the team to grow is only as big as the patience provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back