Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched a couple matches this morning...

...I don't understand what the fuss is about Lobotka. Decent on the ball, good passer, but not seeing the defensive contributions. Wasn't in passing lanes, not much in the tackle, etc. He was not impressive last time I saw him as well. Hasn't played a full 90 in 3 months. Nowhere near Gana's league.

I also don't get what others see in Maxi Gomez. He's good in the air, active, lots of movement, okay skills, but he's slow and clumsy. He's also strong and physical in La Liga, but not sure he would be the same in the PL.

Watched a bit of the Fiorentina match as well...Chiesa is just awesome. Awesome. He has everything you could want in a forward. I actually don't know why they don't feed him the ball MORE often. Veretout is solid and Chiesa has some support, but not that much. No way Mirallas is going to get a game in that side with Muriel and Biesa playing the way they are.

LaFont was pretty entertaining - you can see the athleticism as well as the distribution talent, as well as how out of control he seems.

Close this thread. No money should be given to this manager. No new players should be signed.

Everyone bar Digne, Lookman, Bernard and Richarlison should be sold. I'm not even joking.

Well, those guys were brought into the squad under the new manager, so...

Watched a couple matches this morning...

...I don't understand what the fuss is about Lobotka. Decent on the ball, good passer, but not seeing the defensive contributions. Wasn't in passing lanes, not much in the tackle, etc. He was not impressive last time I saw him as well. Hasn't played a full 90 in 3 months. Nowhere near Gana's league.

I also don't get what others see in Maxi Gomez. He's good in the air, active, lots of movement, okay skills, but he's slow and clumsy. He's also strong and physical in La Liga, but not sure he would be the same in the PL.

Watched a bit of the Fiorentina match as well...Chiesa is just awesome. Awesome. He has everything you could want in a forward. I actually don't know why they don't feed him the ball MORE often. Veretout is solid and Chiesa has some support, but not that much. No way Mirallas is going to get a game in that side with Muriel and Biesa playing the way they are.

LaFont was pretty entertaining - you can see the athleticism as well as the distribution talent, as well as how out of control he seems.

You're obsession with Gueye is admirable in some ways, but complete delusion in others.

He's crap mate. No amount of cheerleading for him on here will change that.

Close this thread. No money should be given to this manager. No new players should be signed.

Everyone bar Digne, Lookman, Bernard and Richarlison should be sold. I'm not even joking.

Tbf, three of those players you've just listed are players who came in under this manager and all three said Silva was key to their decision (and we know that was certainly the case for Richarlison).

I doubt any of the others had even heard of him before they joined us.

I agree, I highly doubt they were following Watford and Hull with interest, do we really know who signs the players. I find it strange Silva would spend a lot f money on Mina just to play him once a month.

If the whole DOF system is working as it should, then it's Marcel who makes the signings with Silva doing the tactics. If there's any reason not to sign new players then it's to try and shift the wasters and reduce the wage bill.

I pray Marcel sticks to his tough negotiator stance. It's these massive wages which are the chief cause of the players apathy and fan disconnect imo. We really should be going for the spurs model rather than slapping 100k a week just to try and make the players take notice. That just leads to a culture of coasters who couldn't care less about trying to achieve more.

The big question here is if we trust Brands so much, why didn't we bring in the specific manager he wanted?

Surely that reinforces the fact he should be given money.

He only made 4 signings (not including loans) and you’ve listed 3 of them which is basically 75% of the players we should keep.

I agree, I highly doubt they were following Watford and Hull with interest, do we really know who signs the players. I find it strange Silva would spend a lot f money on Mina just to play him once a month.

Silva will have spoke to each of the players, like any manager does.

He also had a say in who was signed. And on the whole they've improved us. Dread to think where we'd be without Richarlison's goals.

It’s just worrying that we can have what was on paper a successful window in the summer yet the performances are no different. There’s no doubt that Richarlison Bernard Mina Zouma Digne Gomes are a better group of players than Klaassenn Niasse Bolasie Williams Martina etc. but the performances are almost identical, arguably even worse from a defensive perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back