Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva will have spoke to each of the players, like any manager does.

He also had a say in who was signed. And on the whole they've improved us. Dread to think where we'd be without Richarlison's goals.

Yes but the two centre halves he's brought in have been absolutely abysmal. That's the issue.

As I've said, there's only two logical conclusions. We are either not putting in the required effort and hard work on the training ground. Or, Silva is an incompetent defensive coach.

Yes but the two centre halves he's brought in have been absolutely abysmal. That's the issue.

As I've said, there's only two logical conclusions. We are either not putting in the required effort and hard work on the training ground. Or, Silva is an incompetent defensive coach.
Mina appeared to be the most aerially dominant centre half at the World Cup, fairly sure I read zouma was second to Van Dijk last season for percentage of aerial duels won.

I’m really not a Keane fan but he is okay in the air.

It shouldn’t anywhere near this bad.

You're obsession with Gueye is admirable in some ways, but complete delusion in others.

He's crap mate. No amount of cheerleading for him on here will change that.

He's a really good defensive mid. He's limited offensively. He doesn't give the ball away, that's a complete myth. Is he world class? No. I like the guy, but it's really more of a byproduct of that we have NO ONE to replace him. He's not irreplaceable. Absolutely not. But we are crap without him.

I just wish we could get ANOTHER DM so that Marco has the opportunity to play two DMs with his 4-3-3 as I think that's what this team calls for. If we could sell him and buy Mendes and Barrios, we might be better.

I think we've improved in several areas and I'm not denying that we couldn't use a massive upgrade or two in central midfield. No question.

Well, they weren't when they first came in. In November there were shouts that we should prioritise signing Zouma in January, for example. It's so easy to be fickle and it's easy to be hyperbolic.

On your second point, I worry it's a bit of both and, sadly, the players simply aren't up to scratch. In fact, a combination of the issues is our entire problem at the moment. Everton are probably a brilliant training team. It's when the pressure's on that they crumble, usually.

He's a really good defensive mid. He's limited offensively. He doesn't give the ball away, that's a complete myth. Is he world class? No. I like the guy, but it's really more of a byproduct of that we have NO ONE to replace him. He's not irreplaceable. Absolutely not. But we are crap without him.

I just wish we could get ANOTHER DM so that Marco has the opportunity to play two DMs with his 4-3-3 as I think that's what this team calls for. If we could sell him and buy Mendes and Barrios, we might be better.

I think we've improved in several areas and I'm not denying that we couldn't use a massive upgrade or two in central midfield. No question.

I mean it isn't.

I defend Gana and know that he shouldn't be the one trying to propel us forward, but he does give the ball away, mate.

He doesn't give the ball away???

Hahahahahaha

My eyes must be deceiving me. I'll need to get that sorted out.

If the whole DOF system is working as it should, then it's Marcel who makes the signings with Silva doing the tactics. If there's any reason not to sign new players then it's to try and shift the wasters and reduce the wage bill.

I pray Marcel sticks to his tough negotiator stance. It's these massive wages which are the chief cause of the players apathy and fan disconnect imo. We really should be going for the spurs model rather than slapping 100k a week just to try and make the players take notice. That just leads to a culture of coasters who couldn't care less about trying to achieve more.

The big question here is if we trust Brands so much, why didn't we bring in the specific manager he wanted?

Wasn't Brands happy with Silva being chosen? Who did he want?

...does ‘boss on FIFA’ mean he’s good at playing kiddies computer games?

I’ve seen that phrase a few times and wonder how anybody would know that these grown men play computer games. Also, if they are good at playing kiddies games it doesn’t mean they are good footballers.
It does mean that but I wasn't serious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back