Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the mentality which has the club treading water for twenty years mate, if as you said we are at least in 7th come January, then surely isn't that the time to strengthen to not only ensure you stay there, but also to try maybe finish even higher?

Only it there's actually a shot of finishing higher. Otherwise it is far more sensible to invest in the summer.

I don't tbh, i think we would have made signings in those positions but with regards to Walcott i think we would have gone for someone a bit younger, and with regards to Tosun i think we would/will have signed someone who is a more of a forward type who can play anywhere in the front 3 like Lozano rather than an out and out striker. Also can't help feeling with Walcott that he seems to be guaranteed a starting place each week, i bet there is something in his contract, that would be such an Allardyce thing to do, i can see BFS telling him he would be first name on the team sheet.
I really don't think Lozano can play the 9. Richarlison has some ability to do so, but Chucky is a different player.

I really don't think Lozano can play the 9. Richarlison has some ability to do so, but Chucky is a different player.

I would sooner see us play with Lozano, Richarlison and Bernard/Lookman as our attacking threat with Sigurdsson and Gomes behind. That is a serious threat.

With squad players of Walcott, Tosun, DCL and Onyekuru that would be a solid attack.

Even losing one of the above and Niasse would cover wages for Chucky.

January:
1AD8C280-7294-4DA7-9869-24A73FBE4347.webp

Summer:
D9EE53A2-6860-4142-8869-7B7C641D5F13.webp

IF we could add Lozano and Ndombele and keep Gomes/Zouma, we would have made a huge leap in the space of 12 months.

Looking at £160-170m there I reckon.

We could probably bring in around £60-70 from selling Schneiderlin, besic, McCarthy, vlasic, henry, niasse.

Could we afford an additional £100m outlay to try and breach the gap to the champions league sides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back