Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
...all sales will be dependent on (a) a club wanting to buy one of our players; (b) the club meeting our valuation; (c) the player willing to leave Everton.

I can see Niasse being in demand given how some clubs are desperately looking for goalscorers. Not so sure a club will be willing to meet McCarthy’s wages given the risk involved with his injury record.

Best case scenario for selling McCarthy, either hope a manager rates him, and a few will still, best bet realistically is a loan with obligation to buy if he hits certain targets for availability - thus showing he can stay fit.

...all sales will be dependent on (a) a club wanting to buy one of our players; (b) the club meeting our valuation; (c) the player willing to leave Everton.

I can see Niasse being in demand given how some clubs are desperately looking for goalscorers. Not so sure a club will be willing to meet McCarthy’s wages given the risk involved with his injury record.

Niasse imo we would've able to easily get 10-12m for from someone in real crap desperate to try save their job

True that, we have been one of them in the past, but if we got 15 for those three that would be another masterstroke from Brands

Niasse has scored goals in the league, that carries value for 8+ teams near the bottom

McCarthy even at 80% would be the best midfielder in those same teams.

Schneiderlin generally still has a good reputation in the game, unless you're an Everton fan whose watched him being dreadful.

That's pretty obvious mate and with respect a little bit narrow in my opinion. I think there are greater nuances contractually myself, lads entering the ends of their contracts are more likely to leave then the likes of Morgan, who i can see being loaned out to mitigate his value in the first option as opposed to crystallizing a loss if anyone is interested.The nuances of peoples contracts, liability, value and book value rarely gets any play when applying to potential deals. In essence you can only have so many Klassens and preferably none.

I think we had a similar discussion before and agreed to differ.

Best case scenario for selling McCarthy, either hope a manager rates him, and a few will still, best bet realistically is a loan with obligation to buy if he hits certain targets for availability - thus showing he can stay fit.

maybe we could sell him to that fella running Belgium... phenomenal.

Nah mate in this I don't agree with you, if brands had already agreed to cone end of season when we started pursuing Silva first time, then not a chance on earth we buy either tosun or Walcott, or hire allardyce.

The Allardyce thing backs this up more for me. Brands may well have said to leave it until the end of season and basically says to do what's necessary to keep us in the league.

Nah mate in this I don't agree with you, if brands had already agreed to cone end of season when we started pursuing Silva first time, then not a chance on earth we buy either tosun or Walcott, or hire allardyce.

Of course we would have signed Allardyce. He was always a place holder and was never staying beyond the end of the season. It amazes me the amount of people who don't see the whole thing for what it actually was. A safe pair of hands to ensure we were OK, an experienced man who could run the rule over some of our players and we pay him a bit extra for it hence the extra year.

And again, Walcott is playing every game! He is the only one who has this season, that doesn't sound like a player who has been forced on the management team.

Of course we would have signed Allardyce. He was always a place holder and was never staying beyond the end of the season. It amazes me the amount of people who don't see the whole thing for what it actually was. A safe pair of hands to ensure we were OK, an experienced man who could run the rule over some of our players and we pay him a bit extra for it hence the extra year.

And again, Walcott is playing every game! He is the only one who has this season, that doesn't sound like a player who has been forced on the management team.

You think brands would have signed Walcott and tosun?

Take a look around the league mate, there are plenty of clubs that spunk silly money on worse than those, and do so with regularity.

I'm not saying they aren't worth the transfer fees or that players of comparable ability don't get sold for similar amounts. But wages is a key factor. Particularly for Schneiderlin.

Which clubs outside the Top 6 have the capacity to pay a defensive mid over 100k p/w? Never mind ones who are well off their peak.

Maybe there'll be some panic buying by clubs in the bottom half of the Premier League. That's the best way of getting rid of Schneiderlin, Niasse or McCarthy.

Transfer windows bring out the unrealistic expectation in fans. You see this happening across all clubs. People over estimate their own players worth. They over estimate their club's appeal to players. Most importantly they under estimate the fight that a selling club will put up to resist selling a star asset. This is particularly true in January. I'd be amazed if the likes of Lozano moved in January. And that's prising someone off a selling club like PSV.

You think brands would have signed Walcott and tosun?

I have no idea and neither do you.

I don't think he would have objected to it anyway.

Why are we acting like Theo Walcott, a player who has played every game this season, is the new Stuart Barlow or something. It's mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back