Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually hate us picking up every Man U reject that goes on offer but given Andreas Pereira's contract situation I think he'd be worth a gamble, I'm surprised he hasn't had a lot more game time although Mourinho has quite a bit of history of letting class players go unnoticed

I usually hate us picking up every Man U reject that goes on offer but given Andreas Pereira's contract situation I think he'd be worth a gamble, I'm surprised he hasn't had a lot more game time although Mourinho has quite a bit of history of letting class players go unnoticed

Don't think we really need that type of midfielder tbh mate.

I know a couple of United fans who are annoyed he’s not getting any game time.

Niasse and McCarthy could be sold, i rate Jimmy though so i doubt it and still see him playing a role here.

Schederlin i dont think will be sold, its to much of a loss to crystallize until next year, i could see a loan to be honest.

You could get 8-10+ for Morgan, same for niasse, McCarthy similar teams are desperate for premier League proven, even when it comes with a broken a tusk player.

Can't agree with a lot of that.

If reports are to be believed Schneiderlin is on over 100k p/w. Which clubs can afford, never mind be willing, to spunk 8-10M on a transfer fee for him and then give him a 3-4 year contract on 100k p/w. It's pretty much a 25-30M investment on a player who hasn't played his best football since he was at Southampton.

I'd be amazed if any team was willing to pay anything over 3-5M for McCarthy.

I think Niasse could fetch 7-10M. Given regular game time he could be a 1 in 4 or 1 in 3 player for a bottom half Premier League team. He's 28 and relatively low wages. Can see someone taking a punt on him since his record suggest he could grab 5 or 6 league goals between January and May. That can be enough for some teams to survive. Even if they don' he's a relatively low level risk with parachute payments etc..

I think ~15M in total for all 3 players is more realistic. Even that could be pushing things

If reports are to be believed Schneiderlin is on over 100k p/w. Which clubs can afford, never mind be willing, to spunk 8-10M on a transfer fee for him and then give him a 3-4 year contract on 100k p/w. It's pretty much a 25-30M investment on a player who hasn't played his best football since he was at Southampton.

I think Niasse could fetch 7-10M. Given regular game time he could be a 1 in 4 or 1 in 3 player for a bottom half Premier League team. He's 28 and relatively low wages. Can see someone taking a punt on him since his record suggest he could grab 5 or 6 league goals between January and May. That can be enough for some teams to survive. Even if they don' he's a relatively low level risk with parachute payments etc..

I think ~15M in total for all 3 players is more realistic. Even that could be pushing things
Not saying we get a bazillion pounds for these guys, but think you are underestimating the current market.

But whose going to buy them.
A 28m player had to be loaned out to the championship because there were no takers

Not exactly the case, depending when and fir how much we bought them for, certain players we literally are better off loaning rather than taking a 10m offer say on.

The hit we'd take on say selling bolasie for 29m would be large in terms of affecting us under sttc regulations, the likes of McCarthy say sold for 6-8m would be great for our sttc

Similarly we won't be selling tosun for example anytime soon because it would negatively impact the wage total we could pay to do so

We already took a sizeable hit selling klassen, it's also what some people are overlooking when they just wanted brands to clear the decks of all the dross. It actually works out better to loan them, wait for the book value to go down on some before selling them etc.

Loaning the likes of bolasie etc actually benefits us in terms of sttc, selling him would generate more money but actually negatively impact us due to those rules - and ultimately make it more difficult to recruit and rebuild the team.

I can't see us being in the market at all in January.

We have a good squad (at least two players for each position), currently paying the 7th highest average wage in the League, that is in 6th.

Come January I think it is likely we will still be in at least 7th.

This isn't like last season where we had gaps all over the team and we were in a dire League position.

We have a good squad (at least two players for each position), currently paying the 7th highest average wage in the League, that is in 6th.

This isn't like last season where we had gaps all over the team and we were in a dire League position.

That's the mentality which has the club treading water for twenty years mate, if as you said we are at least in 7th come January, then surely isn't that the time to strengthen to not only ensure you stay there, but also to try maybe finish even higher?

Niasse and McCarthy could be sold, i rate Jimmy though so i doubt it and still see him playing a role here.

Schederlin i dont think will be sold, its to much of a loss to crystallize until next year, i could see a loan to be honest.

...all sales will be dependent on (a) a club wanting to buy one of our players; (b) the club meeting our valuation; (c) the player willing to leave Everton.

I can see Niasse being in demand given how some clubs are desperately looking for goalscorers. Not so sure a club will be willing to meet McCarthy’s wages given the risk involved with his injury record.

Take a look around the league mate, there are plenty of clubs that spunk silly money on worse than those, and do so with regularity.

I dont think we will spend, be great if we do, but it's not as important as some think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back