January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, if Brands continues to make deals like the signings of Bernard, Richarlison, Digne, and based on early performances Mina, finances dont matter anymore. I mean, they do, but they wont, because we will have been so good with our purchases, that we no longer have to do the mental financial wrangling of figuring out who we can sell for X, and then who we can pick up with that. We will be awash in enough cash that we could sell, for example, Richarlison, keep the entire rest of the squad intact, and sign a new Richarlison, Mina, and Digne. And if we were able to sell 1, and add 3 players of that quality every year, we would be in the champions league.

Money is important, but as any good business person knows(and I think Moshiri is one), its a sustainable business model that is what REALLY will propel Everton into the top 4. To do that you need 2 people: A top DOF who can be wise with the funds you do have(which will then produce more money as more new fans show up wanting to watch), and a top business person in the boardroom, who can drive marketing deals and increase non-matchday revenue. Hire the two right people for the job, and your business can be set up for decades to dominate.

If we come to the point we get to sell one of our signings for 70-100 million, we have done well, and is an important step to getting to the point WE are the destination. I look forward to one day feeling like discussing the costs and likelihoods of player departures is pointless.

Listen, if Brands continues to make deals like the signings of Bernard, Richarlison, Digne, and based on early performances Mina, finances dont matter anymore. I mean, they do, but they wont, because we will have been so good with our purchases, that we no longer have to do the mental financial wrangling of figuring out who we can sell for X, and then who we can pick up with that. We will be awash in enough cash that we could sell, for example, Richarlison, keep the entire rest of the squad intact, and sign a new Richarlison, Mina, and Digne. And if we were able to sell 1, and add 3 players of that quality every year, we would be in the champions league.

Money is important, but as any good business person knows(and I think Moshiri is one), its a sustainable business model that is what REALLY will propel Everton into the top 4. To do that you need 2 people: A top DOF who can be wise with the funds you do have(which will then produce more money as more new fans show up wanting to watch), and a top business person in the boardroom, who can drive marketing deals and increase non-matchday revenue. Hire the two right people for the job, and your business can be set up for decades to dominate.

If we come to the point we get to sell one of our signings for 70-100 million, we have done well, and is an important step to getting to the point WE are the destination. I look forward to one day feeling like discussing the costs and likelihoods of player departures is pointless.

You and @catcherintherye make valid points.

I also used to look at teams and see someone like Anelka coming in for £1mil and sold for 20 times that amount + the cash used for 3 more top stars.

With us i think its a little different due to the following;

A-- Were trying to build something which requires marquee players, commercial deals and a new stadium.

B -- Weve seen under Moyes how far we can go without the tier one level X Factor players needed to consistently challenge the top sides who scoop everyone up.

C -- There is so much money in the game now that the top stars will always have offers and pricetags to match. If one leaves then it can create disharmony.

I think that the 'next steps' should be to;

1 -- Ensure that our 'top' players are tied down to long term contracts. Pickford signed a new 6 year deal and I would like to see (if they keep performing) our other 'stars' such as Digne, Mina and Richarlison do the same at the end of the season.

2 -- Clear out the deadwood players and use the funds to reinvest in those players likely to be in our top bracket of quality.

3 -- Try to move on ageing players for decent fees without too much sentiment. Gana, Coleman and Walcott can all generate decent fees over the next 2 windows. Sigurdsson could potentially bring in a fee similar to that which he was signed for if he has a great season -- he would be the one to sell from the top quality group rather than Richarlison.

The real top level players we have in Pickford, Digne, Mina, Gomes (needs to be signed) and Richarlison makes 5/11 first team players. We could potentially add 3 more from selling the deadwood + 3 more from recycling older players.

Once the 1st 11 is settled we can then supplement with high potential u21 players.

I also used to look at teams and see someone like Anelka coming in for £1mil and sold for 20 times that amount + the cash used for 3 more top stars.

A-- Were trying to build something which requires marquee players, commercial deals and a new stadium.

B -- Weve seen under Moyes how far we can go without the tier one level X Factor players needed to consistently challenge the top sides who scoop everyone up.

C -- There is so much money in the game now that the top stars will always have offers and pricetags to match. If one leaves then it can create disharmony.

1 -- Ensure that our 'top' players are tied down to long term contracts. Pickford signed a new 6 year deal and I would like to see (if they keep performing) our other 'stars' such as Digne, Mina and Richarlison do the same at the end of the season.

2 -- Clear out the deadwood players and use the funds to reinvest in those players likely to be in our top bracket of quality.

3 -- Try to move on ageing players for decent fees without too much sentiment. Gana, Coleman and Walcott can all generate decent fees over the next 2 windows. Sigurdsson could potentially bring in a fee similar to that which he was signed for if he has a great season -- he would be the one to sell from the top quality group rather than Richarlison.

The real top level players we have in Pickford, Digne, Mina, Gomes (needs to be signed) and Richarlison makes 5/11 first team players. We could potentially add 3 more from selling the deadwood + 3 more from recycling older players.

Once the 1st 11 is settled we can then supplement with high potential u21 players.

Zat wants to sell Iceland now, has science gone too far?

giphy.gif

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-46425774

Cant argue with science. What i was saying is that If we chose to sell one player for big money (as some are suggesting) id rather keep richarlison than say Sigurdsson. Ones value will increase while the others will decrease.

I do wonder how many people would take our money back on Sigurdsson at the moment.

When they come for Rico, we wont have a choice.

Lets just keep our best player for now and no, I dont mean Rico.

Player departures will happen as we can't get into or close to the champions League.

In regards to the finances if city or psg are finding it to get past the ffp rules, I can't see how moshiri will.

Usmanov will need to step in publically or he if he has a back seat like now, his investment will have to be limited.

By the way the accounts are due any day now and will give an indication of where we are as a business

I can't see us getting rid of richarlison at any price in the next 18 months, and I hope we don't. He was clearly someone Silvia wanted, and he has singlehandedly brought some passion back to the side. I also believe he and Silvia are why we got Bernard and could be a real asset bringing more Brazilian talent. He is obviously class on the field, but seems to be fun and well liked in the dressing room. Him here makes him, Silvia, teammates, and fans happy. Selling him now would likely upset that balance right now. Let's at least let it build for another year or so, I think with Silvia and richarlison we have a start of a new core to build on.

Status
Not open for further replies.