Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can’t see us getting 20m for schniderfraud I hope but doubt it 10-12m tops
We signed him for 24million on a 4 1/2 year deal Jan 2017. So 24 months of writing him off in the books leaves a value of £13.3 million dependant upon what the rising to £24million involves.
We should recover his value in the books it’s his wages that are the problem isn’t he on £120k.

Can’t see anyone paying him more than £80k that’s us potentially having to pay 30 months of £40k for him to leave.

That’s £5.2 million I was going to suggest we start a crowd funding page to ensure we get rid as Morgan really doesn’t strike me as the type to take a pay cut to play.

Our only hope is someone offers £18/20 million & we just pay him off and put it down as an expensive mistake.

We signed him for 24million on a 4 1/2 year deal Jan 2017. So 24 months of writing him off in the books leaves a value of £13.3 million dependant upon what the rising to £24million involves.
We should recover his value in the books it’s his wages that are the problem isn’t he on £120k.

Can’t see anyone paying him more than £80k that’s us potentially having to pay 30 months of £40k for him to leave.

That’s £5.2 million I was going to suggest we start a crowd funding page to ensure we get rid as Morgan really doesn’t strike me as the type to take a pay cut to play.

Our only hope is someone offers £18/20 million & we just pay him off and put it down as an expensive mistake.
Lol lol

Tosun even worse than that!

A big reason Brands demanded patience from the fans.

It will take 2 - 3 seasons to rid us of the hefty wage drain, of players recieving fat pay cheques for nothing.

Costly mistakes these last few seasons sadly.

James Rodriguez is probably leaving Bayern in January due to lack of playing time. Makes a lot of sense to look at bringing him in. His careers has faltered a little the last couple of years but we have a world-class manager and not far off a team challenging for the league title, so we're as an attractive a proposition as anything out there right now for him. I'd love to see us going in big and offering to match (or better!) his Bayern salary. At the very least get him in on loan and then sell the club to him in-person as he tears up the league.

At least make some kind of an effort.

Complete waste of your time making the account and thinking up your username if you are only going to bring Conference League level wumming

F-

If we are so close, why do we need to sign 6 players? Surely that means we are 6 players off, which is not even halfway there.

Baffling comment.
Needing 6 new players is not close. This is like FIFA stuff right now, Zat.

Beyond that, not sure why you are writing off Onyekuru or Vlasic. Not sure why DCL then makes the team.

RB - are we selling Coleman? That's fine, but add him to the list., and a first team RB won't be cheap. 25M if he's comparable to Digne.
CB - We'll have Mina, Keane, Holgate, but if you want to improve on Mina/Keane, that's like 40M right there.
DM - We'll have Gana, Beni, Davies can play there...if you want an improvement on Gana...that's like 50M maybe.
CM - We'll have Gomes and Davies, if you want an improvement on Gomes or at least a first team up to the Gana / Gomes level, again, 50M.
RF - We'll have Lookman, but Richarlison/Bernard can play, but regardless, if you want a Chucky Lozano type, that's another 40M.
CF - We'll have Tosun/DCL, assuming you want Richy on the left, I'm assuming you'll want go big here, another 50M.

That's the city model, 50M players all over. Is that 255M?

Let's hope we've got a few academy players that can step up and contribute.

Beyond that, some of these guys will go and that's fine.

This is kind of a silly exercise.

6 players off a really top side, (and i dont mean 4-6th level) isnt too bad...it means we have 5 top class players.

If we add in Gomes for circa £30mil (Barcas money back) then we will have 6 top players and need 5 more.

Lookman vlasic or onyekuru could take 1 starting spot meaning we need 4 more. I didnt say we should sell any simply WHAT IF...

That leaves CB + RB + DM + CF

So, with some good fortune with our loan players coming back and 1 getting a spot (or lookman) as well as gomes signed...

If Brands can sign 2 players in Jan...if say thats pretty close.

6 players off a really top side, (and i dont mean 4-6th level) isnt too bad...it means we have 5 top class players.

If we add in Gomes for circa £30mil (Barcas money back) then we will have 6 top players and need 5 more.

Lookman vlasic or onyekuru could take 1 starting spot meaning we need 4 more. I didnt say we should sell any simply WHAT IF...

That leaves CB + RB + DM + CF

So, with some good fortune with our loan players coming back and 1 getting a spot (or lookman) as well as gomes signed...

If Brands can sign 2 players in Jan...if say thats pretty close.

We are miles off Zat, but Big Marcel will get us there, that im sure of.

Pickford
??? -- ??? -- Mina -- Digne
???
Gomes -- Sigurdsson
Lookman -- ??? -- Richarlison
Some decent bench/rotation options also.

Like i said, Gomes + 1 more in Jan and were not far off a tremendous side.

I think we'll be after a CF and a DM in Jan myself.

Sounds weird to say given the utter nesx we've been in, but reality us whilst he's done an absolutely incredible job so far, the real difficulty is coming over the next few seasons.

Improving on what he out inherited was in a weird way the easy part, now as a starting 11 we are pretty much solid right across the team, with no "glaring" issue.
Biggest difficulty is always gonna be the improvement from that level to the next, as it requires replacing rather good players with even better ones, which is what ultimately "glass ceilings" a team - see spurs for that right now.
Hell even us under Moyes, a lot of those positions, like CB, etc we literally couldn't improve on even though they where short of the very top level.

See loads thinking we can snap our fingers and upgrade Coleman, gueye, Bernard, Walcott with ease.

People talking like to easy replacing players there who'd at worse be squad players for the top 6 and would walk in as starters for the other 14 teams.

Most important thing is to seal a permanent deal with Barca for Gomes, other business not even close to that important compared to it.
On his current and previous Barca move form, we wouldn't be able to attract or afford a comparable player.

After that you're left hoping that an improvement can be made by using brands and Silva's contacts/persuasiveness - why I've said I think Lozano could happen - without brands our dont think we'd be able to attract him btw.

After that God knows, who else have Barca got that they don't want...

Definitely a striker and left footed winger. Complete the Gomes transfer if possible. If there is money left a back up for Gomes as we have cover for everywhere else also if we don't tie Gomes down if we can get his replacement integrated into squad also a right back who can also cover left back in the 24-26 age bracket. We need this player as we are likely to be playing 50-60 games next season and Coleman is of the age where next season I would expect him to play about 40. Schneiderlin and Niasse should be sold. If we get the midfielder and right back Baningime, Davies and Kenny should all go out on loan. As long as we keep Jagielka until the end of the season I would also loan out Holgate. Dowell goes out on loan if we get the left footed winger. There would also be a temptation to loan out DCL if we get the striker as we would have Tosun plus Richarlison and Walcott who could also play there.

Then in the summer I would complete the squad. If we get all the above I would want a left footed centre back aged 24-28 and bring Holgate back as 4th choice. This would allow us to release Jagielka and let Zouma go back to Chelsea. I would bring in a left back who is about 29-30 on a 2 year deal to give us time to get Robinson a loan at a Premier League club to see if he can become Digne back up. I would finish off by bringing in another defensive midfielder to compete with Gueye and moving McCarthy on.

The reason I wouldn't keep Zouma is I think his fee would be too high. If we don't get Gomes on a permanent deal we need another 'number 8' central midfielder in the summer.

All the older players currently out on loan would either be released, sold or sent on loan again. The 5 younger players Vlasic, Williams, Connolly, Robinson and Onyekuru would be assessed and either loaned out again sold or if they look ready brought into the 1st team squad. Although they would all be over 21 so would have to be in 25 man squad so we may have to move established players out to fit them in the squad. Also Kenny, Dowell, DCL and Lookman over 21 next season so fitting them all in squad could prove difficult.

Sorry if this has a bit of the TL DR about it but it's just my thoughts on the next 2 windows.

How reliable are they? Maybe they will try fir Gomes. Like they did with Alderweireld, difference is we aren’t Southampton.

If you click the link and have a nose at the comments you'll see he went on to say he was there as a fan. How believable, who knows; but numerous Spurs fans called the account out for clickbaiting so make of that what you will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back