Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone is aware January is a tough market and we may just look for a stop gap solution. I’m sure there would be someone out there that would improve on the options we currently have up front and buy us some time to move for longer term targets in the summer.

Can’t pretend to know much about the players linked but hopefully a decent CF comes in. Dacoure and a RB would also be nice!

Silva and brands won't be buying a stop gap. Our two main strikers are both stop gaps and it shows. There's also the fact we have a lot of sellable assets on loan. They'll be used in the summer to help spend on incomings for the season, so we'll be keeping that in mind.

Every effort and every pound needs to be directed towards securing Gomes and getting in a centre forward. No distractions no forays into other areas, just concentrate on those two things in this window and then start planning for improvements in the summer.

You've heard of this fella?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

Yeah...

How is it a coup exactly?

Hes had Xavi raving about him for a while saying he should be pushing into the squad and theres no reason he isnt playing. Also Gattuso was highlighting and name checking him after a milan friendly.

Id expect a number of teams would be in for him if true.

Barca tout all their youngsters as "the next *****" so they can get a fee for them when they hit their 20s

Traore, Deulofeu, Sandro etc etc

I dont think Traore or Sandro were, Deulofeu was yeah but again didnt have the same kind of focus oh him this boy does...

I wonder if the barca posters will emerge and comment.

Last edited:
...and still missed by our DoF.
Yeah man, if this Brands is so good why hasn't he signed up all of the players in the world for us, if he was doing his job properly we'd have won all the leagues and cups, including the world cup by now.. He's a joke, he's not the Lord.. he's nothing but a fraud!

Yeah...

Hes had Xavi raving about him for a while saying he should be pushing into the squad and theres no reason he isnt playing. Also Gattuso was highlighting and name checking him after a milan friendly.

Id expect a number of teams would be in for him if true.

I dont think Traore or Sandro were, Deulofeu was yeah but again didnt have the same kind of focus oh him this boy does...

I wonder if the barca posters will emerge and comment.

The Barca posters?

LOL

I'll be happy if we don't spend anything if it means we acquire properly in the summer.

This season was always going to be a transition, were we are is a cute little bonus. In my opinion.

We won't be getting either of them in Zat jan

I like Augustin and Lozano is quality, just don't think either of them are here next month.

We need a proper CF which Augustin, for me, isn't just yet. Goat's shout of Haller I am fully behind because he's what we need and would be ideal for the PL.

Brands will have his targets I'm sure.
I watched Augustin during the week
One good chance and he fluffed it
Done nothing of note
It was however only one game against poor opposition with a lot riding on it and he didn’t produce

This was always gonna be the case, they wouldn't even sit to negotiate with us unless Lookman was going the other way

Question is if he is good enough to make a difference. I like Lookman and think he could turn out excellent but priorities are a boss striker and I don't know enough about this fellah to make a call. If he is good enough then I think Yes do it, if he is too much of an unknown entity or 1 season wonder type then No too risky. Anyone been following his progress to make a call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back