Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
....the Falkirk Herald suggesting Falkirk are poised to move for Everton youngster, Shayne Lavery. I assume it would be a loan move. Lavery made his full international debut for Northern Ireland last May.

Steklenberg
Coleman
Jagielka
Baines
Davies
Bolasie
Walcott
Besic
Schneiderlin
DCL
Niassé
Tosun

All of the above should be moved on in time for the 2019/20 season. There is probably more dross that I’ve forgotten to name.
I have to unfortunately agree. With the caveat that I'd love Davies, Besic and DCL make the step up in quality with another season under their belts. The others I'd not be upset about leaving if replaced properly from this window onwards. Time to be ruthless.

....Malcolm appears to be a right sided attacker and Silva has got very few options outside of Walcott for that position, so I can see us making a serious enquiry about his availability.
On the other hand , indulging in idle whimsy for a moment, it could be the Malcom approach is a ploy to put pressure on PSV with regards to the asking price on Lozano. From Lozano quotes in the summer I think he retains a lot of respect for Brands and may prefer to reunite with him if the clubs can agree a price.

I have to say if we are going to sign anybody it would be Barbosa given the longevity of the links.
I can’t see Malcom leaving Barca so soon after jibbing Roma to go there.
But if we did sign both players we would be able to field a side containing 4 young Brazilian forwards , and probably still be rubbish. That would be truly Everton.
I still think we aren’t signing anyone however..
To be fair most of those forwards don't play much for a mediocre Brazil team

It would soften it no doubt, but unless one of those steps up a serious level or they find a top class player in midfield or up top they will be way worse off overall.
If you could find a Hazard replacement, then you'd probably be fighting off all the top teams in Europe. Anyway, that's Chelsea's look out. If they get weaker, then I'm all for it.

On the other hand , indulging in idle whimsy for a moment, it could be the Malcom approach is a ploy to put pressure on PSV with regards to the asking price on Lozano. From Lozano quotes in the summer I think he retains a lot of respect for Brands and may prefer to reunite with him if the clubs can agree a price.

Bit of wishful thinking there mate.

Or it could be a way of tying up Andre Gomes to a permanent deal.

....the Falkirk Herald suggesting Falkirk are poised to move for Everton youngster, Shayne Lavery. I assume it would be a loan move. Lavery made his full international debut for Northern Ireland last May.

His contract expires this year...

Perhaps thats why theyre mediocre ;)

They do have 2 of the most expensive players in the world in their front 4. Add the lady boy who apparently is one of the worlds best. And Willian who’s been a main stay for a while. Not an easy front 4 to break into

I think Brazil’s problems are further back

Is it indeed. The numbers I've seen for Odoi are crazy, by the way.

The more I think about it, I like the idea of keeping Richarlison at CF and getting a RW to replace Walcott. Lozano is very good, but Malcom might actually be better. Would be nice to have a bit more size, though. Moving Richy to CF leaves Bernard / Lookman to the left, both complete midgets.

Why on earth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back