Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing will happen until the last 24 hours of the window...my guess is that Niasse for sure will leave on the last day when teams are desperately looking for the striker...i guess they might be some tentative and very timid efforts from us to get a player in but as we are looking to reduce wage then might be the only outgoing with no incoming.
My fear is if we let both Tosun and Niasse go with no replacement which would not surprise me from Everton.
Wouldn’t be bothered if we sold Niasse and Tosun this window without replacements. As long as we get the right CF in the summer.

If we're doing business with PSG because of Gana then we should ask for first dibs on Lo Celso - absolutely superb midfielder.

Betis already have first dibs. They have to buy him for €25m if they get Europe which looks likely with how well they’re doing. If they don’t qualify for Europe they still have the option at the same price.

They’ve done some great business, Bartra is a brilliant player among others they’ve bought.

Why fear? We don't need these two at all. Our first choice striker is Richarlison and the second one is DCL. And when considering we rarely play anything else than 4-2-3-1 formation, I don't think we need more than two strikers for 16 remaining games + our FA Cup run. Man City have just Aguero and Jesus and they also play League Cup and Champions League... Spurs also have just Kane and Llorente...
Knowing our luck we are due some serious injuries soon...if both Richarlison and dcl are out...would be a risky strategy.

Shouldnt be looking at CF + I'd be fine with Lookman and Bernard wide till the summer (unless we could sell Walcott and sign Malcom).

Think its important we go for a right back and a centre midfielder. Coleman doesnt look good anymore and beyond Gana/Gomes we have nothing at the same level.

Shouldnt be looking at CF + I'd be fine with Lookman and Bernard wide till the summer (unless we could sell Walcott and sign Malcom).

Think its important we go for a right back and a centre midfielder. Coleman doesnt look good anymore and beyond Gana/Gomes we have nothing at the same level.

I second that. It would be awesome to get a CF, but there just aren't many out there in January that I can think of.

But the lack of a CM/DM is killing us. We had one CM on our bench today. One. Tom Davies. It's also crippling Silva's ability to do anything tactically. Gomes could've been sent off today, but we had no alternative to sub for him.

Coleman was sound today Zat.
Bit shakey in the first 25 mins ( like they all were) but got better and better throughout the game.As i say he was sound.

Coleman was sound today Zat.
Bit shakey in the first 25 mins ( like they all were) but got better and better throughout the game.As i say he was sound.

Tbh i thought the opposite...the ball was bouncing off him a fair few times and he looked absolutely shattered around 70mins.

He DID link well with lookman a few times though but to be honest it just shows how bad Walcott is + how well Lookman played.

Tbh i thought the opposite...the ball was bouncing off him a fair few times and he looked absolutely shattered around 70mins.

He DID link well with lookman a few times though but to be honest it just shows how bad Walcott is + how well Lookman played.

Got a rick in him from nowhere and doesn't grip his RM enough to track back.

I second that. It would be awesome to get a CF, but there just aren't many out there in January that I can think of.

But the lack of a CM/DM is killing us. We had one CM on our bench today. One. Tom Davies. It's also crippling Silva's ability to do anything tactically. Gomes could've been sent off today, but we had no alternative to sub for him.
Why would we want more than one central midfielder on the bench? We only play 2, it would be bizarre to have more than one on the bench.

We do need central midfielders like, but for quality purposes, not quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back