Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do need a striker but for me it is our midfield which is the weakest part of our team. That midfield for me is Gueye, Gomes and Sigurdsson who have played together far more than any other combination and they seem to be getting progressively worse with each game.
Without being brilliant we do offer a reasonable attacking threat in Walcott, Richarlison, Lookman and Bernard.. they have pace and a good deal of creativity, add a striker and I think they could be formidable.

The defence has been poor but a defence is reliant on the cover given by the midfield in front of it and that has largely been non existent.

At this point I would accept McCarthy and Schneiderlin being given a run in the team on the basis that they can hardly be any worse than what is already there.

Putting Schneiderlin back in the side just sends out all the wrong signals to me. I’d rather not bother, that is such a backwards step. McCarthy was a decent player once and if he could get to his best levels again then you would have to consider him. At least you will get a bit of spirit out of him and he won’t hide.

No ta to Giroud imho unless we're signing a whole new profile of midfielder to replace Sigurdsson in the 3 (which we should be doing anyway), and a new right flank.

Putting Schneiderlin back in the side just sends out all the wrong signals to me. I’d rather not bother, that is such a backwards step. McCarthy was a decent player once and if he could get to his best levels again then you would have to consider him. At least you will get a bit of spirit out of him and he won’t hide.
Unless someone wants to pass him the ball.

As with 90% of the players in our squad when the going gets tough. Say what you want about Barkley (and I do, the horrible snake) but at least he wasn't afraid to take the ball when needed. Stones and Barry were the same.
Yep, said it at the time and it's only become more obvious since. All those people who said we wouldn't miss Barkley were so far off the mark it's unreal. He was a long way from perfect but we could really do with a player like that now.

I would rather sell Schneiderlin than play him but I think the team needs something new and different. It looks like a bunch of individuals playing together for the first time and not a leader amongst them.
I find it unusual that James McCarthy has not at least been used as a sub given how poor our performances in that area have been.

I would rather sell Schneiderlin than play him but I think the team needs something new and different. It looks like a bunch of individuals playing together for the first time and not a leader amongst them.
I find it unusual that James McCarthy has not at least been used as a sub given how poor our performances in that area have been.

Perhaps the injury has finished him and we dont want him on the pitch for that reason and so other teams who may want him are pushed to buy not loan

We need a striker. Ideally one for the short term and one for the long term. I hope that DCL is the one for the long term, but we need someone else competing in that time frame. But we definitely need one for the end of this season and the next season who can carry the burden whilst the longer term options start to produce.

For that I'd move heaven and earth for a Dzeko or Giroud right now. A decent front man would take so much pressure off the team and allow them some relief. It's not rocket science, and it's pretty much just a sticking plaster for the major surgery that needs doing to the squad, but what would we give for a Kevin Campbell or Big Dunc right now. Get the longer term option in during the summer.

This is my panic for the transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back