Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure we are looking at such prospects, not these he's a prospect anymore, but i'm sure we're not the only ones.

To think we'd get a player who will definitely have far more attractive suitors than us feels a little naive to me.

If we got a player like him i'd be ecstatic, but it doesn't exactly feel likely does it?

it’s hardly naive, it’s ambition and natural progression in the near future. Like I’ve always say, every player moves for a reason. Who would have thought Fulham can sign Schurrle but they did. Everything depends on how much we can do to convince them. The mental block must be remove or we will forever be stagnant.

Everton transfer deadline day

Our needs in relation to a striker are urgent and long run. I have no doubt the striker situation will be addressed in the summer. But then we get someone in (no doubt mid or late pre-season) and have to wait for them to bed in. That might get us off to a slow start as we try and find our shape again. The striker should have been sorted out from the moment early this season it became apparent that the pop gun attack Silva inherited could not be used by him and we desperately needed a cutting edge.

Overall: a decision has been made to downgrade the playing side of the club in order to focus on the "facility led recovery" of it off the pitch, in the shape of saving cash to throw at any stadium contracts...should one ever be given the green light. Brands is here to keep the plates spinning. All ambitions for a team capable of achieving anything has most definitely been placed in mothballs. That's MY only conclusion that can be made about the window just closed.
Fixed that for you

it’s hardly naive, it’s ambition and natural progression in the near future. Like I’ve always say, every player moves for a reason. Who would have thought Fulham can sign Schurrle but they did. Everything depends on how much we can do to convince them. The mental block must be remove or we will forever be stagnant.

It's entirely naive to think we'd get a player like Werner when you look at other clubs who will be after him.

Umm...everybody?

It is concerning that all we can do is loan players out. Have we really bought that badly in the past that these players are that unsellable?

Also am I correct in thinking that the club taking the player on loan will pay all the players wages?

That's exactly what i've been saying for weeks. But in less words.
But, and correct me if I am wrong (its drinking time in NZ and therefore not the time to check facts) but you have never, ever used the word "plethora". Although maybe you dont know what a plethora is.... I would not like to think that someone would tell someone else he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has no idea what it means to have a plethora.

But, and correct me if I am wrong (its drinking time in NZ and therefore not the time to check facts) but you have never, ever used the word "plethora". Although maybe you dont know what a plethora is.... I would not like to think that someone would tell someone else he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has no idea what it means to have a plethora.
BlueInNZ I know that I, Lanolin, do not have your superior intellect and education, but could it be that once again you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on ijjy?

People here understandably have imagined their own comfy narrative regarding our transfer policy and made it fact!

I will on the other hand purely speculate as I have no connection to the inner machinations of our club.

Here we go...

Moshi got initially excited and invested lots of money to make our first team viable challengers for top 4. In his naivety he believed this could be a relatively easy transition to the big time if you threw money at it.

Fast forward to present and we are now starting to see a change of direction.

The club is currently drowned in a plethora of insanely overpaid player contracts. Many players have lost a considerable amount of their transfer value because they have been proven to be extremely poor acquisitions.

Moshi has looked at the accounts and shat himself. When he sells his investment return will be poor. He has realised that success in football, for a not so glamorous club, is difficult.

Therefore what we will see going forward is a lot less player acquisition until the deadwood is moved on. This could take years such has been the disastrous transfer policy of previous managers.

SUMMER MAY NOT BE AS YOU EXPECTED.

Don't get too excited. Your all expecting the 50m plus striker, 40m plus box to box midfielder etc. It ain't gonna happen as financially our position is unsustainable.

There you go. Probably my conjecture is a load of b*ll*x. I hope to god I'm talking pony.
I hope you are right we cant keep spending 150m ish every summer on 5-6 players and hope everything jels almost instantly, in my opinion we need 3 players this summer 2 of whom are currently on loan at the club. we do however need a striker can Onyekuru do that and save us money? hopefully, he certainly looks better than what is currently up front for us, so the two on loan may cost 60-70ish million, selling Tuson and Gana (who will get his move IMO) and hopefully some of those on Loan Mirrallas Bolasie and Martina, between those 5 we should cover most of the transfer for Gomez and Zouma.

It sounds like you've had a plethora of booze this evening.

It's naive to think he won't be off to Bayern in the summer, tbf.

It is concerning that all we can do is loan players out. Have we really bought that badly in the past that these players are that unsellable?

Also am I correct in thinking that the club taking the player on loan will pay all the players wages?

It's the wages.

The clubs probably pay a fee that cover the wages.

Nobody wants to pay Schneiderlin £120k p/wk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back