Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schneiderlin, Depay and Rooney plus a decent striker, that would be a good start.
Think we shouldn't just stop there mate.

Need a new keeper - De Gea
Left back? - Shaw is out of favour
Hard working midfielder with energy- Blind
Right wing back? - Valencia
Better winger- Martial

you see where i am going with this ;)

But would love all three here for the record

I'll tell you what Le Tissier knows about our transfer funds for January.... the same as us! Zip
He's trying to have a dig because we took the mighty Saints manager

"If he doesn't spend big then I think that might be a sign that he has been sold down the river a bit."

Your move Everton, so will it be

Option
a) Phone a friend at the Echo.
b) Phone a friend at Sky Sports
c) Panic they are onto us and phone the echo and sky sports.

Think we shouldn't just stop there mate.

Need a new keeper - De Gea
Left back? - Shaw is out of favour
Hard working midfielder with energy- Blind
Right wing back? - Valencia
Better winger- Martial

you see where i am going with this ;)

But would love all three here for the record

lol I don't think for one second we'll do a 'TRIPLE SWOOP' on Utd, I reckon we'll get one at least (Depay by the sounds of it).

I'm not hipster enough to know about any other players tbh.

lol I don't think for one second we'll do a 'TRIPLE SWOOP' on Utd, I reckon we'll get one at least (Depay by the sounds of it).

I'm not hipster enough to know about any other players tbh.
No me either mate, most of any suggestion i can offer is based on fifa 16 experiences in all honesty.

Although fifa 17 tells me the players to sign are;

Coman, Dahoud, Zouma, Donnarumma, Shaw

In other news grass is green.

Everton suddenly not having money in january shocker, more things change the more they stay the same eh?

not excepting much myself, it would be against the principles of the club, just a dodgy loan and we hope for the best.

Spurs didn't waste the bale money in hindsight, they signed some players who made the first team and took them to where they are now. In fact 3 of their first 11 came from the bale money, Eriksen/Lamela/Chadli.

Bit of a myth the spurs wasting money, over half of it is still there and others were in the team and replaced since. only 29 million soldado was a miss, and even then he just goes to show the risk of signing any player, good in one league, can't adapt in another.

Chadli doesn't play for them any more mate.

Eriksen was a great signing at the time. Lamela looked like a flop but was only 22 so was always going to improve if coached right.

Chadli doesn't play for them any more mate.

Eriksen was a great signing at the time. Lamela looked like a flop but was only 22 so was always going to improve if coached right.
Ahh never noticed haha ok he was in the team then until last year, suprised they let him go.

the other two were paulinho and the romanian lad were they not? I know the midfielder went to watford a year ago or so.

Ahh never noticed haha ok he was in the team then until last year, suprised they let him go.

the other two were paulinho and the romanian lad were they not? I know the midfielder went to watford a year ago or so.

Haha yeh he's at WBA mate - went in August.

And yeh Paulinho, Soldado, Capoue and Chiriches were the others.

Paulinho obviously chased the money to China, while Soldado literally turned to crap, which is a shame.

Capoue is actually a very good player who simply wasn't utilised correctly. He'd actually be an ideal signing for us I think and how we want to play, but prising him away from Watford would be difficult now.

Chiriches is still at Napoli I believe, but not a starter.

Let's get Jonathan Tah and Julian Brandt from Bayer Leverkusen.

We're a bigger club than them and hopefully Moshiri flexes his financial muscle and we take their 2 best players off them this january,iirc Brandt has a low buy out clause,he is going to be some player and could turn out to be another Bale.
I rate Tah tremendously, he MIGHT be willing to come if we could guarantee first team football. Which we should be able to. Can't see Leverkusen selling in January tho. Maybe if they go out of the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back