Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
little worrying things have gone so quite again. You'd like to think that despite some promising recent displays, Walsh/Koeman/Moshiri (whoever) see we still need major reinforcements @ GK, CB, LB, RB, AM/Wing and at least 1 Striker.

Def need at least 2 more first eleven players if we have ideas of breaking the top 6; I'd argue goalkeeper and winger should be first two priorities.

Then we very obviously need a second striker, another centre back to replace Jagielka and ideally a playmaker too. That way, players such as Mirallas, Mori, Robles, Barkley will be fighting hard for their places, which in turn will increase competition and hopefully performances from everybody.

I'd be extremely confident of our chances next season if we can get 1 or 2 more starting players in before the end of this transfer window... a more or less fully settled squad going into pre-season with just final tweaks required... very exciting thought.

It's not about not rating him. It's the idiotic excuses for not rating him.

I'm baffled why he gets so much grief yet Del gets away with been tosh for a year, for example...

He didn't set the price tag. Had he stayed fit I'm sure he'd have contributed more than he had - and we'd be saying it was money well spent.

Regardless, he's out now.

He doesn't get any more stick than anyone else, that's a total myth. His performances were under the microscope early on because he's our 2nd biggest ever signing and at times he looked like he'd never kicked a football before, there's nothing surprising about that. In the last week alone, a poll in the Echo has said that we should sell Lennon, who was one of our stand out players for a season and a half, and the Deulofeu thread has included these comments:

wastes too much ball imo.

My 2 year old lad can run more than him before getting knackered, what's the point in keeping someone who can't play a half of footy without being out on his arsenal.

Dunno what happened to his pinpoint crossing of 2 years ago. He was providing assists to Lukaku every other week; it was a joy to watch. Nowadays he cannot even sprint with the ball at his feet or take on a player. A sad decline.

Willing to bet Lookman turns out to be twice the player with twice the application, vault me.

He's another Bojan, float around with the tag of the next big thing before finding a nice club that he'll play 1 in 5 and they'll laud him like Pele

I like the lad, I really do but he can't cut the mustard unfortunately. I'd love home to have a massive wake up call but i can't see it

Does all the off the pitch stuff wonderfully the eitc stuff and showing fans his hearts in it etc

Problem is he just can't do it on the pitch odd flash here and there doesn't and shouldn't warrant a start and has he ever got 100%fit ?

We won't put in performances like yesterday with him starting. Not gonna work out for him here. Take a good fee and move on.

still cant believe the lack of fake ITKS this window..BORING!

No wonder, considering what Esk had to endure last summer.
Fake or not (rather not in my opinion) I was looking forward to every bit of his info.
And now, without him or other ITKs we are like ruminants here - we swallow something, then spit it back in our mouths, chew it for ages, swallow it again. And then the same once again.

fanny asthma?

Wonder where the afflicted would use their inhaler?

Hmmm...

little worrying things have gone so quite again. You'd like to think that despite some promising recent displays, Walsh/Koeman/Moshiri (whoever) see we still need major reinforcements @ GK, CB, LB, RB, AM/Wing and at least 1 Striker.

I reckon we embrace the quiet these days mate and have a little faith in what may or may not be goin on behind the scenes.

Hopefully gone are the days when it's suggested we've bid on EVERYONE and their uncle whilst not bidding on anyone at all.

Friday will be a - 'SHAZAM' - good day.

This is my code-worded prediction which will self destruct at...hmmm, dunno...TBC.

#ONWARD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back