Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about not rating him. It's the idiotic excuses for not rating him.

I'm baffled why he gets so much grief yet Del gets away with been tosh for a year, for example...

He didn't set the price tag. Had he stayed fit I'm sure he'd have contributed more than he had - and we'd be saying it was money well spent.

Regardless, he's out now.

Well I don't think it's personal against him at all or him versus Deulo. In fact Deulo is an example of why it's so frustrating we bought him. Attack filled with inconsistent, fast, slightly brain dead with the final ball wide players.....and we spend 20mil on another one to add to them, supposedly to improve on them but for me and many he was not the option to do that and def not at that price. Didn't make sense to me at the time. He then didn't look any better than the average standard I'd always thought he was at Palace despite his contribution stats wise. He is to me an example of a lot of the players we have had to put with up with for years at Everton and the last type of player I wanted.

Hope he comes back the same though, because he seems a sound lad and as a squad player, now that he is here, he has plenty to offer.

yeah, based off one game that is ridiculous thinking. Kinda forgets even about the game before it where we needed the players, short sighted but then with the master of it still involved there is always the small chance...
It's not ridiculous to take on board the level of performance of Davies, to have some concrete proof of what you may have been thinking - and no better proof than on the pitch.

It's not ridiculous to take on board the level of performance of Davies, to have some concrete proof of what you may have been thinking - and no better proof than on the pitch.
It is when you then don't sign players needed because an 18 year old had a boss game.

Because then that 18 year old suddenly gets massive pressure dumped on him to perform every week after that. Do we really want to do that?

By all means Davies has earned his place in the team, but at a young age we don't want to be relying on him whatsoever. I don't think another CM would come in now anyway to be honest. We have gueye davies Schneiderlain and Mccarthy to play there, with barry besic gibson as even further back up.

Well I don't think it's personal against him at all or him versus Deulo. In fact Deulo is an example of why it's so frustrating we bought him. Attack filled with inconsistent, fast, slightly brain dead with the final ball wide players.....and we spend 20mil on another one to add to them, supposedly to improve on them but for me and many he was not the option to do that and def not at that price. Didn't make sense to me at the time. He then didn't look any better than the average standard I'd always thought he was at Palace despite his contribution stats wise. He is to me an example of a lot of the players we have had to put with up with for years at Everton and the last type of player I wanted.

Hope he comes back the same though, because he seems a sound lad and as a squad player, now that he is here, he has plenty to offer.

We're finally see Koeman's Everton starting to take shape though. Bolasie doesn't have to be just an out and out winger. He offers pace and power across the front-line. He's basically the Koeman model of what he wants a 'winger' (or wide forward) to be imo, but maybe with not as much productivity.

The fact remains he never failed to create chances in a game though, based on his short career so far.

It goes like this...
"Look, Davies is even better than we thought - and we like Robles for now - so let's blow the budget on the centre back"

Tbh i dont even remember seeing him play and ive seen Monaco a few times (not recently though)...surely isnt going to be a great rotation option for lukaku?

Monaco have some class players but i wouldnt put him in that category.

Also this man city defender, hes only got 1 u19 cap...doesnt prove anything but not exactly a ringing endorsement.
Zat stop commenting on a player's ability when you've never watched them.

Regards

The whole forum.

Anyone know if Elton Welsby has friends at the club?

He's tweeted that there is a deal going on with Sunderland at the minute, he's not sure on the player but think it may be Pickford as our interest in Kone has cooled. Says it will be picked up by the papers soon.

He's tweeted that there is a deal going on with Sunderland at the minute, he's not sure on the player but think it may be Pickford as our interest in Kone has cooled. Says it will be picked up by the papers soon.

Elton Welsby emigrated to Australia mate, & he knows no one at EFC !!

We're finally see Koeman's Everton starting to take shape though. Bolasie doesn't have to be just an out and out winger. He offers pace and power across the front-line. He's basically the Koeman model of what he wants a 'winger' (or wide forward) to be imo, but maybe with not as much productivity.

The fact remains he never failed to create chances in a game though, based on his short career so far.
Bolasie, before his injury, was one of the very few players performing in a team that was struggling badly.
I thought he was the one player that was offering a threat.

I can imagine that he would be very dangerous in a midfield that played as well as it did last Sunday. For instance, there is no comparision between the Barkley of last Sunday and the Barkley of a couple of months ago.

Thought Pickford was injured and out for a while!

Bolasie, before his injury, was one of the very few players performing in a team that was struggling badly.
I thought he was the one player that was offering a threat.

I can imagine that he would be very dangerous in a midfield that played as well as it did last Sunday. For instance, there is no comparision between the Barkley of last Sunday and the Barkley of a couple of months ago.

It's a massive shame he's had that injury. I'm convinced he would have flourished in a proper team. With the number of gilt-edged chances he created in such a poor team can you imagine what he would have done on the likes of Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back