Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton players who need to be given away or sold as soon as possible:

Stekelenburg, Garbutt, Jagielka, Gibson, Lennon, Kone, Bolasie, Oviedo, Besic, Niasse, McAleny, Pennington, McGeady, Rodriguez, Henan

I doubt very many of them will command anything over 2 or 3 million, perhaps Bolasie once he returns can be passed on to a sucker of a team willing to take a chance on him for 5m, or Besic in the hope he can somehow put his injuries behind him. Aside from that hopefully see lots of mutual contract terminations, free transfers or low offers accepted to just get rid.

That's a hell of a lot of wage money freed up, I make it around around 350k a week on those 15 players!

I think Koeman didn't want Belfodil as he has a flaky personality. Koeman needs players who will run through brick walls for him, and I think he'd rather have a player with slightly less skill but who gives 100%.

Now we got Schneids and Lookman in, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the rest of the business done in the last week.

He is obviously trying to offload Del and Kone though by the sounds of it, so there might still be some legs in the Depay thing.

As for the centre half position, unless somebody top class can be done, i'd be more than happy to go with Holgate, Williams and Mori until the end of the season, with Pennington and Jags as back ups.

Stekelenburg, Garbutt, Jagielka, Gibson, Lennon, Kone, Bolasie, Oviedo, Besic, Niasse, McAleny, Pennington, McGeady, Rodriguez, Henan

I doubt very many of them will command anything over 2 or 3 million, perhaps Bolasie once he returns can be passed on to a sucker of a team willing to take a chance on him for 5m, or Besic in the hope he can somehow put his injuries behind him. Aside from that hopefully see lots of mutual contract terminations, free transfers or low offers accepted to just get rid.

That's a hell of a lot of wage money freed up, I make it around around 350k a week on those 15 players!

On loan you mean?

Bolaise was fine until he got hurt

He was ok, nothing near what you'd expect for 25m, and certain will only return half the player he was, which will be absolutely nowhere near the standard we need! Get rid when he's fit, no room for sentiment.
Were people not expecting top class though?

In all fairness his assist amount was not far off the best in the league, think the likes of de bruyne and the like have 9 so far so at 4 (and assuming he would have got at least 1 since the injury date) then he would be assisting as well as anyone solid in the league, which would be him doing his job.

Expectations were far higher than the player we actually got, but he at least set up chances, more that were missed sitters which would have been even better on his record.

The situation must be fluid. The club sees a performance like Sunday and might think - Do we really need a new midfield player as we thought? Can we wait for the new keeper? Maybe the priority has quickly changed.

He was ok, nothing near what you'd expect for 25m, and certain will only return half the player he was, which will be absolutely nowhere near the standard we need! Get rid when he's fit, no room for sentiment.
Nothing to do with sentiment, just think hes decent enough to not try to flog off for anything we can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back