Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
There definitely more coming in, We sold Stones in the summer so we could spend big in the summer, didn't happen for one reason or another so we are having to spend it now as we won't have the same ability in the summer without selling someone else.

FM also said we have to establish ourselves and we have this window to do it.

People don't start being negative yet.
Great post mate.

I think you read too much into paper talk.
No smoke without fire mate.

Generally every transfer we make hits the media before we finish it. So the likes of witsel/berihimi/mata/yarmalenko/koulibaby etc were just loose mentions every so often and we thought there was a chance of signing them .

Yet bolasie/williams/gueye/schneiderlain/lookman all deals that had actual weight in the media before we signed them.

Same principle to now. Schnieder had weight and we signed him. Belfodil had loose stories, isn't happening. Despite the club being on 'lockdown' communication wise, you normally get something actual solid news wise in the media if there is any truth in the story. Right now there is nothing, even the depay stories are talking about Lyon not us.

So with 2 weeks to go and there is silence, nothing in the media wilth any genuine news to report, the proverbial crap negotiators are leaving it late based on the face of it, the same negotiators who apparently failed in the summer with the same tactics.

Even if they do intend to do further business, the nature of the window is such that everything is heading to the last day or two now. I don't think there is much point checking in for updates 3 times an hour, but I will anyway. :)

The obvious deals that were queued since before the window opened have all been done.

Selling clubs will dig their heels in, and buyers will play a waiting game.

I would like us to get another two in, that would be a decent start towards to the overhaul. Build momentum and go on a run and then go into July with renewed optimism, ready for further signings.

I have my doubts though. I like the look of that Adarabioyo, so at the least I hope we can get him in. Depay should be more on our terms than Utds. There is still always the potential for a surprise on TDD too, but that can work both ways.

Overall, I am probably more sceptical than I was before Christmas at Evertons potential to spend significant cash within the same window, and by the same token, line up any more than 2-3 signings in January.

I am willing to reserve more complete judgement until the end of August, but there will be more pressure in the summer to deliver. Even with two signings in, I still think we need another 5-6 between now and the end of the summer.

Pretty sure people can't wait to find the next thing to moan about with regard to Everton, Sunday must have killed some people

thing is, this isn't moaning. I haven't said anything negative just yet, just asking a simple question. The same question which was deemed negative to ask in the summer and look what happened.

Perhaps, just perhaps, there won;t be a big influx of players with it being january, and that we have the main players we wanted to sort out, hence the quickness to do it. if any others come available then we deal but not actively looking for them just to spend money?

I'm meh about Belfodil, don't see that Sunday's result had any bearing on it at all, it sounds like Ron had his doubts and an issue with agents further undermined the deal. The outgoings are seemingly taking priority at the moment, Jags, Del and Kone need new homes for everyone's sakes and I don't reckon we will see much until they're sorted one way or another. Just my 2p.

No smoke without fire mate.

Generally every transfer we make hits the media before we finish it. So the likes of witsel/berihimi/mata/yarmalenko/koulibaby etc were just loose mentions every so often and we thought there was a chance of signing them .

Yet bolasie/williams/gueye/schneiderlain/lookman all deals that had actual weight in the media before we signed them.

Same principle to now. Schnieder had weight and we signed him. Belfodil had loose stories, isn't happening. Despite the club being on 'lockdown' communication wise, you normally get something actual solid news wise in the media if there is any truth in the story. Right now there is nothing, even the depay stories are talking about Lyon not us.

So with 2 weeks to go and there is silence, nothing in the media wilth any genuine news to report, the proverbial crap negotiators are leaving it late based on the face of it, the same negotiators who apparently failed in the summer with the same tactics.

Loose? http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38588285

None of us have any idea how transfers work. Nobody. Just wait and see and stop pretending to have a clue what's going on. Or making suggestions based on no knowledge.

We win 4-0, spend more than any other English club this window, and people still moan. If anyone thought there would be a massive influx of players in January that's their problem. Not the clubs. When does a club ever make the 7 signings i've seen one or two people mention on January? Especially when we are trying to do this whole getting rid of some of the woeful players we already have.

It's just not that easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back