Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a keeper is necessary to a) remain 7th, just 4 points ahead of the 8th placed team. b) have a go see if we can get in amongst the top 6.

Just think both will cost goals, games and points.........

Fair point mate, IMO opinion we finish 7th whatever so why compromise future seasons by potentially rushing in a keeper from a smaller pool of choice when we can just wait until the summer when there will be more time and options!

Think Harry Redknapp had a similar deal at Portsmouth and somewhere else re cut of profit on transfer dealings

Yeah I'm aware that can happen , I think Holloway got some from a Charlie Adam transfer but I don't think Pulis bought Berahino and has hardly played him but putting that aside it's the idea that the club wouldn't sell him for a transfer fee because the manager would get money and would therefore let it go to tribunal . It all seems , as has been said , a bit mad .

I also don't see , in your scenario , where the representatives mention in the OP are relevant .

I wouldn't be that harsh on yourself, I think in the immediate aftermath of Moshiri's arrival, and for some months afterwards, there was a euphoria amongst fans which can colour reality. People hear what they want to hear.

Everton havent really communicated that much at all in relation to what we can expect, the recent meeting is probably as close as will we get to decent information.

I do recall a certain amount of hyperbole here last summer which ultimately only led to disappointment. But things are as they are and we are still in a much better position relative to 12 months ago, and I think things will get better in time.

I agree, it's fantastic to have a plan rather than living day to day.

After years of wanting the frauds who owned us to disappear it was easy to get carried away.

Now we just need Kenwright out of the way as well as Elstone and I can probably stop thinking the worst of what is going on.

I`m a bit worried we haven't been linked seriously to any keepers this window, I don't think we can continue with Robles and Stekelenburg for the rest of the season.

Realistically that was never gonna happen this window.

What quality keeper are we going to get half-way through the season? One that is going to guarantee and improvement over what we have?

It'll be addressed in the summer.

We aren't allowed to with FFP - we need a squad, so one big name to appease the fans would still leave us with the rest of the squad as it is. Until we improve commercially, which we are with that mad £75m training ground naming rights deal, we can't really spend THAT much
75m is everything, not just the training ground. Think it was over a number of years as well. It's stiil good but I reckon we are bringing in approx 15m a season for all sponsorship.

he's done both his knees at this point. bit scary for a keeper that young..

We can just lend him gibbo's kne.... wait a minute !
Okay not gibbo's, but he can use Arouna's knees.... nope not that one either.
How about we use Arouna's knees with basic's hamstrings ? Yeah lets do that, patch him up and sign his upper limbs for £20m.

Yeah I'm aware that can happen , I think Holloway got some from a Charlie Adam transfer but I don't think Pulis bought Berahino and has hardly played him but putting that aside it's the idea that the club wouldn't sell him for a transfer fee because the manager would get money and would therefore let it go to tribunal . It all seems , as has been said , a bit mad .

I also don't see , in your scenario , where the representatives mention in the OP are relevant .

Nor do I

It all seems a bit strange TBH, even allowing for some vaguely similar examples in the past

I cant remember exactly, but I think its down to the agencies involved.

I will try and find out a bit more;.
It was on a website, in detail, that also published links between Hodgson and an agency for young footballers - he was getting them into the u21s and profiting financially (allegedly) as their value went up for being an England player

That's where you got your "info" from mate.

It was on a website, in detail, that also published links between Hodgson and an agency for young footballers - he was getting them into the u21s and profiting financially (allegedly) as their value went up for being an England player

That's where you got your "info" from mate.

Not seen that, but could well be right yes.
If you link us up that would be great?

So the club turned down offers for a player because if they sell him the manager , their employee gets a cut ? They didn't want to sack Pulis but penalised themselves financially by not selling the player and then gave Pulis a new contract ?

The club I don't think were that bothered about selling but Pulis wanted to, hence never playing him. Saido hated that. I think both Pulis and the agency were going to get a cut; Pulis was on the verge of being sacked too so the incentive was on the club to keep as they keep the player.
I think (could be wrong ) Pulis got new contract when new regime came in..?

Anyway, its messy situation and there isn't really any winners.

Asked if he had changed his mind on signing Depay, Koeman said: “No, it was one of our options to bring in but the business is not done between Everton and Manchester United, but the player had different options and that is what happened.

“It is not fair to speak about him because he is not an Everton player and, from what I hear, he will sign in France.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ws/everton-boss-koeman-insists-didnt-12479394

i totally feel vindicated about what i said would happen

*pats own back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back