Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
...except Lennon rarely crosses the half-way line. I might be wrong but I don't see Lennon being part of 'Project Everton'.
He won't be, but he's a safety net for a younger, higher risk reward like this kid. With his work rate, Lennon isn't the worst guy to have in your side, but he's no starter ideally.

Don't think we will ever make a statement signing, we have more money than we are used to but we aren't City rich. I blame our PR team/media for building this picture of us being the new City in reality we just have more access to our revenue streams than we had before.

I have come to accept this and its taken a while, I am angry that we have been led to believe we are the new City and I include myself in this.

I wouldn't be that harsh on yourself, I think in the immediate aftermath of Moshiri's arrival, and for some months afterwards, there was a euphoria amongst fans which can colour reality. People hear what they want to hear.

Everton havent really communicated that much at all in relation to what we can expect, the recent meeting is probably as close as will we get to decent information.

I do recall a certain amount of hyperbole here last summer which ultimately only led to disappointment. But things are as they are and we are still in a much better position relative to 12 months ago, and I think things will get better in time.

Its not actually all down to Saido.

Pulis personally makes profit out of the sale; Saido hates Pulis and doesn't want this to happen.
For the past 6-9 months Pulis has been on the verge of being sacked. Its only since the takeover that the pressure has reduced.

WBA didn't want to sell Saido as Pulis would pocket loads and he was on verge of being sakced; Saido didn't want to be sold as he didnt want Pulis to get the cash so rejected all moves.

As it stands, WBA more keen to sell now due to a) tribunal not going to go in there favour and b) Pulis position is strengthened since takeover bid.

All a bit messy.

So the club turned down offers for a player because if they sell him the manager , their employee gets a cut ? They didn't want to sack Pulis but penalised themselves financially by not selling the player and then gave Pulis a new contract ?

Why mate? Even if we got De Gea we would still finish 7th, as opposed to, errr, 7th

I think a keeper is necessary to a) remain 7th, just 4 points ahead of the 8th placed team. b) have a go see if we can get in amongst the top 6.

Just think both will cost goals, games and points.........

So the club turned down offers for a player because if they sell him the manager , their employee gets a cut ? They didn't want to sack Pulis but penalised themselves financially by not selling the player and then gave Pulis a new contract ?

Think Harry Redknapp had a similar deal at Portsmouth and somewhere else re cut of profit on transfer dealings

Don't think we will ever make a statement signing, we have more money than we are used to but we aren't City rich. I blame our PR team/media for building this picture of us being the new City in reality we just have more access to our revenue streams than we had before.

I have come to accept this and its taken a while, I am angry that we have been led to believe we are the new City and I include myself in this.

We aren't allowed to with FFP - we need a squad, so one big name to appease the fans would still leave us with the rest of the squad as it is. Until we improve commercially, which we are with that mad £75m training ground naming rights deal, we can't really spend THAT much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back