Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because if Jags leaves then we need cover - for at least the rest of the season. Ivanovic will be happy to do that maybe. There will be little fee - just wages to pay. This would also point to Koeman being happy with playing his present back 3.

ivanovic is more finished than jagielka. his performances for the last 2 seasons have been completely shambolic.

Anyone else heard that we're interested in De Sciglio?

Locatelli, Bonaventura, Donnarumma and Romagnoli first.

Locatelli for me looks like a future star. I would like Everton to attack the big teams that are struggling, AC, Inter, teams from Germany, Valencia always have good young talents coming through.

Or move Holgate across and bring in CB cover. Depending on situation.
Holgate can do both jobs. Even got forward the wknd playing at CB. Big talent.
Defo need a CB . Don't see the point in selling Jags and bringing in someone of the same age like Ivanovic. We will defo get injuries at CB so need senior cover. Ideally someone young like Michael Keane but may have to wait till the summer.

ivanovic is more finished than jagielka. his performances for the last 2 seasons have been completely shambolic.
Absolutely, he's well finished, plus on more than Lukaku in wages. Massive avoid. Thankfully we won't be after anybody of that ilk as Holgate looks brilliant, Mori and Williams are playing superbly together and we have decent if not spectacular backup in Jagielka and Pennington. Right back cover, Holgate can cover Seamus, and Oviedo in a massive emergency. Even Lennon as wing back.

In terms of centre halfs going for £30m I think the choice is between Manolas and De Vrij.
I like Virgil but I wouldn't want to pay £40m+ for the lad.

£40M could even get us Laporte or Giminez.
I would rather take a gamble on San Jose or Inigo Martinez for a lot less.

Absolutely, he's well finished, plus on more than Lukaku in wages. Massive avoid. Thankfully we won't be after anybody of that ilk as Holgate looks brilliant, Mori and Williams are playing superbly together and we have decent if not spectacular backup in Jagielka and Pennington. Right back cover, Holgate can cover Seamus, and Oviedo in a massive emergency. Even Lennon as wing back.

If coleman has to miss games then more likely to see Kenny being given a chance than someone like Oviedo who i doubt will ever play for the club again mate

In terms of centre halfs going for £30m I think the choice is between Manolas and De Vrij.
I like Virgil but I wouldn't want to pay £40m+ for the lad.

£40M could even get us Laporte or Giminez.
I would rather take a gamble on San Jose or Inigo Martinez for a lot less.

It's not about who we can afford mate, it's about who wer can attract

Of those names you mentioned - the most realistic is VVD due to Koemans connection with him and the mutual agent they share, he's the one the manger could possibly 'sell the vision of what hes trying to do here to, the others will not care one bit and will just be looking for a ready made CL team

TDD isn't until next Thursday, so as you say plenty of time in advance of that.

I think as soon as the Del deal goes thorough we'll start seeing a few more rumours towards the end of the week.
Where does it say the deadline isn't til thursday. Anywhere I look it says January 31st which is Tuesday. Even the premier league website says that .
"The winter transfer window opened on 1 January 2017 and will close on 31 January at 11pm GMT, and premierleague.com will cover all the signings and sales made by the Premier League clubs across the month"

kenny is capable of covering right back/wing back if hes needed.

No more in's until there are outs i reckon boys.....
Which i am actually fine with. As said some places need covering like RB cover but im more than happy to not bother with that as Holgate & Kenny are capable of filling in!
Back up at left back may be needed though as Connolly is out on loan as is Garbutt and id be happy to see Oviedo end up anywere but at us!
Backup fo Lukaku we could do with getting now and possibly a replacement for Geri and Lennon if he goes

Other than that, if we have to wait till the summer for the likes of a GK, Centre Back etc, im happy to wait

No more in's until there are outs i reckon boys.....
Which i am actually fine with. As said some places need covering like RB cover but im more than happy to not bother with that as Holgate & Kenny are capable of filling in!
Back up at left back may be needed though as Connolly is out on loan as is Garbutt and id be happy to see Oviedo end up anywere but at us!
Backup fo Lukaku we could do with getting now and possibly a replacement for Geri and Lennon if he goes

Other than that, if we have to wait till the summer for the likes of a GK, Centre Back etc, im happy to wait

Deulofeu will be gone over the next day or so, jagielka soon after so we will bring 2 in - decent chance at least one more out and in will happen as well (more likely on the out tbh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back