Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah not really. Capable of some worldies but also some massive errors. Like a lot of keepers really.

Not sure who my new keeper pick would be to be honest. I've gone RAR off Kasper that's for sure.

Koeman seems to go for the big grock type, it's why Pickford doesn't seem to fit the mould of his normal type of keeper (neither does schmeichel tbf)

Butland, Forster would seem the more likely targets

We weren't linked to Lukaku until about 3 hours before he signed.

At the moment, the squad is in a good place. Players are starting to play to their ability and the deadwood is being moved out.

Still improvements to be made. Confident we'll get at least one in.

because we weren't actually trying to get him until we got told no on Ba but that he was available instead mate

Thing is, are all or even any of them actually interested in VVD mate, the papers have said they are, but the same papers have sold Lukaku about 7 times now to about 5 different clubs, none of whom have ever actually bid on him.

The only one of those 3 clubs to have actually commented was to say no theiir not interested in January about trying to buy him when Guardiola got pestered about it.

Mourinho won't buy him, not a chance on earth - he's not the type of cb he goes for
Chelsea - honestly think it's way more likely that Conte goes to Italy to get a new centre back in when he decides he needs one, plus they have two very talented ones coming through already - christenson on loan and one they have recalled
City - maybe, but still think it's just the media trying to stir up city interest when Guardiola probably has his own targets not given to him by the Express or Mirror

Couple of points, one is that I think most of the top clubs have asked how much and then probably declined paying the quoted figure of circa £65m.
Second point is that sometimes I wonder if Romelu has left us given some performances lol

The thing with football is that what you say may be true, but the second VVD and his agent decide to listen to the media, a request to leave will be given and the three mentioned would certaintly be interested. Without the transfer request the three mentioned may well 'do a romelu' and refuse to pay the going rate.

Thing is, are all or even any of them actually interested in VVD mate, the papers have said they are, but the same papers have sold Lukaku about 7 times now to about 5 different clubs, none of whom have ever actually bid on him.

The only one of those 3 clubs to have actually commented was to say no theiir not interested in January about trying to buy him when Guardiola got pestered about it.

Mourinho won't buy him, not a chance on earth - he's not the type of cb he goes for
Chelsea - honestly think it's way more likely that Conte goes to Italy to get a new centre back in when he decides he needs one, plus they have two very talented ones coming through already - christenson on loan and one they have recalled
City - maybe, but still think it's just the media trying to stir up city interest when Guardiola probably has his own targets not given to him by the Express or Mirror
far more likely that lot across the park will bid for him. They can't defend, their title dream is rapidly slipping away and they have Southampton on speed dial.

Nah not really. Capable of some worldies but also some massive errors. Like a lot of keepers really.

Not sure who my new keeper pick would be to be honest. I've gone RAR off Kasper that's for sure.
I dont really know many keepers outside the PL, i would still have a go at Joe Hart.

There's 10 days left Ash.

If there's a deal to be done it'll be done. I get the feeling we're still after a wide forward/winger to supplement what we have.

We'll see.

No rush for us now between now and end of window as we have no games coming up!
Ronnie will have a little 3-4 day break somewhere sunny have a few corona's then jump on a plane to go watch gronigen play for a day and be back in the office Friday.
Can't see much happening until next Monday/Tuesday if anything

I also think over the last month or so, the like of Joel, Funes Mori, McCarthy, Mirallas & Barkley are all willing to fight for there place in the team along with the performances of Holgate & Davies has decreased the need to jump in the market so we can show abit more patience

Koeman seems to go for the big grock type, it's why Pickford doesn't seem to fit the mould of his normal type of keeper (neither does schmeichel tbf)

Butland, Forster would seem the more likely targets
The teenage monster for AC Milan, dont know his name.

Couple of points, one is that I think most of the top clubs have asked how much and then probably declined paying the quoted figure of circa £65m.
Second point is that sometimes I wonder if Romelu has left us given some performances lol

The thing with football is that what you say may be true, but the second VVD and his agent decide to listen to the media, a request to leave will be given and the three mentioned would certaintly be interested. Without the transfer request the three mentioned may well 'do a romelu' and refuse to pay the going rate.

I actually don't think either United or Chelsea would be interested mate, Mourinho doesn't need a ball playing centre half, Conte already has one of those, yeah he's a bvery good defender on top of that, but the thing driving the price higher is the fact he's very very good on the ball as well

City - god knows about them honestly, Pep is as likely to buy a 5'6 winger and convert him to centre half as buy a proper one

because we weren't actually trying to get him until we got told no on Ba but that he was available instead mate

True. But we hadn't been 'linked' loads with Ba.

Deals can happen without everybody knowing about them.

let's just wait and see. Still pretty clear that we have targets I think, but we're not going to rush into getting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back