Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
ordinarily i'd agree with you 100% but if the RS steady that back line - and VVD would do that - and stop shipping goals they could still win the league. It's whether they think the cost is worth the reward. You're probably right but if it were us i'd want us to risk it.

Lets be honest, it doesn't matter who is linked with VVD because unless they suddenly sign two class centre backs i can't see Southampton selling him this window anyway.

The rs could sign 4 world class defenders mate and they still wouldnt win the league this season, no chance on earth they will make up a 10 point gap on a team who has only dropped 11 points all season and only 3 points since they changed there formation to Contes preferred one

and oh the fans want them to do it, but there owners arent fans and are only concerned with the profit margins and following the money ball idea, much more likely to try get a young centre back from germany for 7-8m who Klopp can 'mould' than spending big on that position

Another thing to remember, a lot of owners now will not see winning the league as the goal, they will see Cl qualification as the big prize - its all about revenue

Pretty sure it's next Thursday due to there being games on the night of the 31st.

I could be wrong. Still, two day's difference. Plenty of time.
Because there are Premier League matches on 31 January and 1 February, at the end of the window, clubs playing on 31 January have until midday of the day before (30 January) to register a player to feature in matches on the 31st.

Clubs in action on 1 February must register any new signings by midday on 31 January for them to play.

That's from premier league too. Just to avoid meltdown here !

Agree that Conte will go back to Italy for a CB, but I don't think Juve would break up their solid foundation of Buffon, Chiellini, barzagli and bonucci.

Maybe Romagnoli, De Vrij or Manolas are more realistic targets.
I have a horrible feeling that City will get VVD, then offer us Stones and £20m for Holgate lol

If Guardiola has his way they will go to spain for a cb mate, same as with conte he will go for someone who he feels confident can slot into his system, lets face it stones has been a horrid flop and that wa shugely media driven as well, maybe they will have been burned by that

I dont really know many keepers outside the PL, i would still have a go at Joe Hart.
Hart makes some great saves but cannot catch a ball, does not command his area and is a poor distributor of the ball.
The trouble in evaluating how good a keeper is most people think only about saves, but that is only one part, granted an important part.
However, Joel for example, killed off the game for us only one great save but n a series of excellent catches, that visible deflated Palace.

Reactions: JLW

In terms of a gk I think we should consider Pickford he is class and only gonna get better with age. An a cb is a must so vvd manolas or gimenez will make me happy. We look strong ATM but one injury and that goes out the window so get them signed now

wasnt robinson at leeds when they were a champions league team and up around top of the premier league? daft comparison to heaten and pickford
Nigel Martyn was the goalkeeper at that point. Paul Robinsons real breakthrough season was the relegation season for Leeds when they were battling down the bottom. Which is when Martyn moved to us

Nigel Martyn was the goalkeeper at that point. Paul Robinsons real breakthrough season was the relegation season for Leeds when they were battling down the bottom. Which is when Martyn moved to us

Didnt Robinson play in the semi at a really young age? Remember him playing amazing. But still losing.

Well, everybody was complaining that we didn't do enough in summer.

Since then, we have lost Bolasie long term, DCL is injured as well, Clev and Niasse have gone out, Del is about to go and possibly Jags by the looks of it, Kone as well if we are lucky.

We have seen only 2 come in, although Davies and Holgate have made the step up to the first team of course.

So yes, I would hazard that it could be argued we need more. Also, we need to replace the horrendous players Martinez signed with proper quality if we want to get into that top 6.

is he signing??? wasn't great yesterday but we might be able to slot him in somewhere!!!

If we get a new CB I want him to be like 6'3"+

JS71133798.jpg

it was the year before they got relegated, he played every league game that season.

Thing is, are all or even any of them actually interested in VVD mate, the papers have said they are, but the same papers have sold Lukaku about 7 times now to about 5 different clubs, none of whom have ever actually bid on him.

The only one of those 3 clubs to have actually commented was to say no theiir not interested in January about trying to buy him when Guardiola got pestered about it.

Mourinho won't buy him, not a chance on earth - he's not the type of cb he goes for
Chelsea - honestly think it's way more likely that Conte goes to Italy to get a new centre back in when he decides he needs one, plus they have two very talented ones coming through already - christenson on loan and one they have recalled
City - maybe, but still think it's just the media trying to stir up city interest when Guardiola probably has his own targets not given to him by the Express or Mirror
Chelsea also have that French lad who is injured. Supposed to be the next big thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back