Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
What striker would suit our needs? There's a lot of rubbish ones out there I can't really think of a decent one for day 20 million I couldn't see us spend much more as back up for Rom.
saw a gossip this morning that Southampton will make a new bid for gabbiadini as the price is dropping to about 15m. Last info was we cooled our interest but I am amazed if we don't try for him. Lot of clubs will refuse to sell their goal scorer so late in the window or ask inflated prices. Not sure there is much better available than him

@Zatara

Him and a gang of mates were on a night out in town, Concert Square somewhere I think. Possibly Black Rabbit?

Anyway one of the lads my mate was out with was dancing with his girlfriend, when he went the toilet one of the Duffus’ started dancing with her. The lad returned assessing the scene and proceeded to question Duffus at which case a load of pushing and shoving broke out. The bouncers then intervened and it was all calmed down.

Something of nothing really.
And if we could avoid stuff like this in the transfer thread thanks.

If anything there's more of a case for Jermaine Defoe.

I am not suggesting we go for Jermaine Defoe btw.

Well to be fair I was probably wrong, its not a goal threat we need, we have Lukaku, its more of a link player to help Lukaku, whether that be somebody on the wing or up top, this is why I was so keen on the boy Dafodil, everything pointed to him being quite unselfish, thats what Rom needs, cos currently Ross and Superkev will shoot rather than pass, he needs somebody to help HIM score goals, rather than score some as well.

I mean clearly we do need more goals from other people, but we need both a goal threat and a Lukaku feeder.

Anyway, my point stands, Shane Long is now 30, hes decent at what he does and a few years ago I would have maybe taken him, but not now, we are past the Shane Longs of this world.

Well to be fair I was probably wrong, its not a goal threat we need, we have Lukaku, its more of a link player to help Lukaku, whether that be somebody on the wing or up top, this is why I was so keen on the boy Dafodil, everything pointed to him being quite unselfish, thats what Rom needs, cos currently Ross and Superkev will shoot rather than pass, he needs somebody to help HIM score goals, rather than score some as well.

I mean clearly we do need more goals from other people, but we need both a goal threat and a Lukaku feeder.

Anyway, my point stands, Shane Long is now 30, hes decent at what he does and a few years ago I would have maybe taken him, but not now, we are past the Shane Longs of this world.
Couldn't agree more. Especially that last paragraph.

Fair enough. Just think he's better back up than what we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back